The Ceasefire

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Considering my background, I have very good understanding what propaganda can do.

This is actually what I study as part of my graduate work. I am specializing in empirical studies that show how government schooling pedagogy increases a student's propensity to obey authority.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is beyond naive. All governments are capable of sacrificing it's own citizens for the greater good.

Naive, hardly, you put forward such a ridiculous idea that doesn't make any sense. You are off into Ickeland again, so stop twisting what is said.

We've been all through this when you accused the British government of much the same thing in Afghanistan yet you actually overlook the fact that what you accuse governments of doing isn't to the countries, the politicians or in fact anyone's 'good'.

I don't suppose you'd care to explain what the 'greater good' would be in Israel getting Hamas to attack them? With hoards of Arabs waiting to do this anyway what's the point of funding Hamas? The huge amount of time, effort and money that would have to be spent on Hamas would (actually is) better spent on Israel defending itself from it's very real enemies which of course Hamas actually is.

You are doing what you did on my Afghan thread, infering we are all too stupid to understand what the wicked politicians are doing to us, that we are all brainwashed and of course the only one that knows the truth is you. I don't suppose you have ever thought that perhaps it's you that is the one who is doolally not us?

You don't know better than I do about Britain, ( I'm sure many do know more but they will be British too) you don't know more than Canuck and I about the Jewish mindset so please stop telling everyone you know best when it's clear you don't. If you have conspiracy theories at least make them sensible ones that actually could be true, thinking that Jews pay an Arab terrorist group to attack them is just plain laughable. If you had said that the Israelis set up Hamas to fool the Palestinians into peace talks then that would have been believeable.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is actually what I study as part of my graduate work. I am specializing in empirical studies that show how government schooling pedagogy increases a student's propensity to obey authority.

You study Canuck's background?

A lot of government propaganda is flawed then as students are known for their inability to 'obey'!

Again though I assume you are talking about your country, I imagine though there may be plenty who disgree with you and that perhaps a bit more propaganda much help! Looking at the way society seems to be going, most people aren't obeying any government.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What could possibly make you even think that israel wants a war with Iran, which would have a great possibility to engulfing the entire region?

Yup--that's a really bad scenario for them. They may decide it has to happen if Iran appears to be close to developing nukes, but they do not want a war with Iran and all that that would entail.

Considering my background, I have very good understanding what propaganda can do.

Ah yes, the fearsome Canadian propaganda machine!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Then you truly don't understand the Israeli mindset.

What could possibly make you even think that israel wants a war with Iran, which would have a great possibility to engulfing the entire region?

If you want a glimpse at what the Israeli government will do for it's citizens, look no further than what they gave up for Gilat Shalit.

On September 27, 2012, Israel Prime Minister Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu addressed the General Assembly of the United Nations. He spoke about the danger Iran poses to the world, and Radical Islam. Netanyahu presented the danger radical Islam, and Iran pose to the world. Netanyahu clearly presented the Jewish claim to the land of Israel.

Netanyahu asked for a redline before Iran completes Stage 2 of the uranium enrichment process and made the case to the world on a chart with a drawing of a bomb on it that the entire Western world faces danger if Iran succeeds.

This speech was fear mongering war propaganda, albeit ridiculous, especially when he draws the cartoon bomb at the end. Sheesh.

Still, to give the average Israeli credit, they don't support him. Polls show that most Israelis understand that war with Iran would be a terrible thing and would be against a war with Iran.

What needs to be understood is that this is where governments will often use or create incidents to promote unpopular policies. When these types of situations happen, all of the people need to have their skepticism meters turned to the max. Or, to use a Star Trek reference, we cannot let our shields go down. The bottom line is that Israel is capable of using psuedogangs to manipulate the public. Not only is it a legitimate tactic for modern military psyops, Israel has a documented history of collaborating and supporting Hamas to do this very thing. It is not out of the realm of possibility that a government would make a cease fire and break it by using a psuedogang.

Of course, lets be really clear about what else exactly what the government of Israel is capable of, because this might also explain why there might be enough legitimate anger to break a cease fire. Maybe there is actually no need for psuedogangs.

http://news.antiwar.com/2012/10/17/...orie-needs-in-gaza-blockade-documents-reveal/

The Israeli military meticulously and callously calculated the number of calories Gaza residents would need to consume in order not to starve, and used those calculations to inform how to impose a harsh economic blockade on the Palestinians, according to newly released documents.

In the January 2008 document, Israel decided to allow Gazans to eat 2,279 calories worth of food each day, as if they were dogs in a cage. They estimated therefore that they would allow 1,836 grams of food per person, per day.

The overwhelming blockade Israel imposed on Gaza, tightening restrictions on the movement of people and goods, was supposedly punishment for having Hamas in power.

Look how quickly some people forget and look how quickly a government can transform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauthausen-Gusen_concentration_camp

The work in the quarries — often in unbearable heat or in temperatures as low as −30 °C (−22 °F)[SUP][28][/SUP] — led to exceptionally high mortality rates.[SUP][41][/SUP][SUP][c][/SUP] The food rations were limited, and during the 1940–1942 period, an average inmate weighed 40 kilograms,[SUP][42][/SUP] roughly 88 pounds. It is estimated that the average energy content of food rations dropped from about 1,750 calories a day during the 1940–1942 period, to between 1,150 and 1,460 during the next period. In 1945, the energy content was even lower and did not exceed 600 to 1,000 calories a day; that is less than a third of the energy needed by an average worker in heavy industry.[SUP][1][/SUP] This led to the starvation of thousands of inmates.

What kind of governments use food as a weapon? What are they capable of?

Last edited by a moderator:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Naive, hardly, you put forward such a ridiculous idea that doesn't make any sense. You are off into Ickeland again, so stop twisting what is said.

We've been all through this when you accused the British government of much the same thing in Afghanistan yet you actually overlook the fact that what you accuse governments of doing isn't to the countries, the politicians or in fact anyone's 'good'.

I don't suppose you'd care to explain what the 'greater good' would be in Israel getting Hamas to attack them? With hoards of Arabs waiting to do this anyway what's the point of funding Hamas? The huge amount of time, effort and money that would have to be spent on Hamas would (actually is) better spent on Israel defending itself from it's very real enemies which of course Hamas actually is.

You are doing what you did on my Afghan thread, infering we are all too stupid to understand what the wicked politicians are doing to us, that we are all brainwashed and of course the only one that knows the truth is you. I don't suppose you have ever thought that perhaps it's you that is the one who is doolally not us?

You don't know better than I do about Britain, ( I'm sure many do know more but they will be British too) you don't know more than Canuck and I about the Jewish mindset so please stop telling everyone you know best when it's clear you don't. If you have conspiracy theories at least make them sensible ones that actually could be true, thinking that Jews pay an Arab terrorist group to attack them is just plain laughable. If you had said that the Israelis set up Hamas to fool the Palestinians into peace talks then that would have been believeable.

"There is only one way to stop the threat from Iran. We need to place a clear red line in regards to Iran's nuclear program."

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between laughing at you tryng to teach Canuck something he knows about far more than you do ( so much so you insult his intelligence) and sighing for your sanity.

You know your last post made no sense what so ever? You're burbling. You've lost it mate, really lost it.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[...]
A lot of government propaganda is flawed then as students are known for their inability to 'obey'!

I am highly confident that the Bible college distance program guiding this study endorsing homeschooling and taxpayer-funded private school vouchers has its own flaws and propaganda. In an actual academic institution one would study whether "government schooling pedagogy increases a student's propensity to obey authority" rather than starting from the desired conclusion and reasoning backward to possible justifications for believing it. As though the alternative of religiously-based home- and private-schools doesn't have the claimed effect...regardless, philosophically objectionable or not, a government probably should encourage respect of said government's authority amongst its citizens, within reason. (Does anyone doubt that Israeli public schools encourage pro-Israeli sentiment?) But as you point out..anyone familiar with a public school can see just how well it works in practice!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am highly confident that the Bible college distance program guiding this study endorsing homeschooling and taxpayer-funded private school vouchers has its own flaws and propaganda. In an actual academic institution one would study whether "government schooling pedagogy increases a student's propensity to obey authority" rather than starting from the desired conclusion and reasoning backward to possible justifications for believing it. As though the alternative of religiously-based home- and private-schools doesn't have the claimed effect...regardless, philosophically objectionable or not, a government probably should encourage respect of said government's authority amongst its citizens, within reason. (Does anyone doubt that Israeli public schools encourage pro-Israeli sentiment?) But as you point out..anyone familiar with a public school can see just how well it works in practice!

That's a bigger assumption than asuming that a government might create an event to start a war. Lol.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a bigger assumption than asuming that a government might create an event to start a war. Lol.

Now you see that's you thinking Icke style again, we aren't talking about a 'government' creating an event to start a war, we are actually talking about a ceasefire in a current situation.

You are doing what you tried on my thread, to turn the subject around to your pet subjects. Please don't derail this thread as well.

I hope a mod. will put up a reminder to stay on subject.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now you see that's you thinking Icke style again, we aren't talking about a 'government' creating an event to start a war, we are actually talking about a ceasefire in a current situation.

You are doing what you tried on my thread, to turn the subject around to your pet subjects. Please don't derail this thread as well.

I hope a mod. will put up a reminder to stay on subject.

Okay, well I've said enough anyway. There is reason enough for skepticism, especially when we start tying this to Iran. It gets me worried.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have enough scepticism between us, however that also attaches to the things you post. You want us to doubt everything except what you post.
Thinking that Israel would 'invent' Hamas to have it attack here is beyond weird, there's simply no mileage in it for them quite the opposite.
You should be worried but for very real reasons not made up ones, there's enough evil in the world without you seeing something that isn't there. Seeing conspiracies everywhere leaves you in danger of missing the very real dangers under your nose.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Mala,

In case you don't pay attention to the glimpses we somethimes offer into our personnal lives, I, and Tez as well, am way to familiar to propangada and what it can do. See, propangada played a huge role in the wipping out of our families.

Now, for a conspiracy and propangada machine to work, it has to have a goal and the inner workings be kept secret. Remember what I hinted at earlier, that elections are Israel's national sport. Think this one through. There are dozens of political parties in Israel. Each party submits a ranked lists of 'candicates'. People vote for a party, and then the Knesset if allocated by %. Because of that, there has never been a majority government in Israel, and elections are frequent. Perties will jump on any little tidbit that may give it an advantage. Small parties always end up holding the balance of power. Any one of then getting a sniff that attacks on Israel were orchestrated by a political party would be exploited right away.

And Israelis don't need false flag operations to justify military actions. There are enough just causes as it is.

Of all the democracies in the world, the one that needs the least to create false flags, and that has the most to lose from them is Israel.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A8wAMK9CcAAvTti.jpg:large

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Obviously mistranslated and taken out of context. The peace seeking palestinians would never say such a thing. :boing1:

Latest Discussions