Kick names??

R

red_herring

Hello,

Could anyone help me with english kick names?I currently started training with some kickboxers who speak english, but I don't know the names of the kicking tehnics, so everytime when we talk about a new move or something someone has to pull it off so I could understand what is ment.I think its pretty silly.So im asking for help:partyon:
If anyone knows a web site(with pictures, I might not understand the explanation)about kick tehnic names then please let me know.

thank you

H.F.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure what you're asking here. If the teacher speaks the same language as you, is he not explaining the moves to you??

Mike

OP
R

red_herring

Forgive me my poor explanation.I ment when Im TALKING to thouse guys about teory.Then sometimes I can't understand what move they mean, so when I don't know the move I have to ask to show it...its very un practical.So I thought you could help me with the names so I could learn them and understand what is ment in the future.There is no teacher we are just sparring togheter for cross training.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
red_herring said:
Forgive me my poor explanation.I ment when Im TALKING to thouse guys about teory.Then sometimes I can't understand what move they mean, so when I don't know the move I have to ask to show it...its very un practical.So I thought you could help me with the names so I could learn them and understand what is ment in the future.There is no teacher we are just sparring togheter for cross training.

Ok...just to make sure I'm understanding this.

1- You are not sure of the names of the kicks or certain moves in MT?

2- You're not attending an actual school, just working out with these guys?

3- There is no teacher to refer your questions to?

Do the people that you're working out with have much exp. with MT? Are they qualified or capable of teaching you the basics properly?

If there is a school nearby, I would look into it. Its fine to workout with people but again, its even better to have a qualified inst. to teach you! :)

As for helping you with the names, terms, etc. I would reccommend doing a search online of MT kickboxing. If you had something to actually look at, it'd be much easier than me typing it and making sure I'm giving you a clear picture.

Mike

OP
T

Tae Kwon Doughboy

I've noticed that even within the same school people use different names for the same kicks. Even if someone here provides a list of kicks, they may not be the same as what they call them. It can be very confusing.

I think I would ask them for a list. At least it would be consistent with their discussions/training.

Good luck!

Latest Discussions