Just got my Brown sash!

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Today i had my grading which was for 4 hours, and I am happy to annouce i received my brown sash. I have been training in Shaolin Long Fist for about 7 years now. Although there are people who have not been training as long as me but have received their brown sashes earlier, I still feel its a great achievement for me. I do know though that I will have to work much harder but I am already moving further in my journey.

The grading itself was very hard, we had a good warm up with some physical activites like running to your partner, while doing squat thrusts, pressups, kicks, and situps, then some san shou involving some joint lock techniques, then pad work, working through a form to practuse precision of movements. And after all this we had to go through our individual forms. I performed about 5 or 6 of my empty hand forms, my nunchuk form and stick form. I am quite proud of myself for not being sick as it was very hard.

O

OrangeLeopard

thats something to be proud of.

Most people in my instructors Kung-Fu class (i take shaolin Kempo) have only made it to purple sash over the years. We have only one brown sash named Mark, who co-teaches the class. I have seen them do their rountines and it puts our kempo workouts to shame. They meet for hours four days a week and it generally takes students a year or two to advance two or three sashes in the system.

Good Job!

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats, it sounds like it was hard work and before the test, a long time to get to that point. You are probably right now that you are to that level, you are expected to work even harder. Enjoy and celebrate the moment. TW

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's great! A four hour test really makes you feel like you've accomplished something.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WHOOT WHOOT! Way to go Tony!:jedi1:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow!!! That is an achievement! Congratulations!

- Ceicei

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, That's great! Keep up the training, never stop. For those who made the travel on the martial arts road knows no regrets! Life will not be easy, the best things in life takes hard work. Congrats!!! .....Aloha

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new rank!! :partyon:

Mike

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tony said:
Today i had my grading which was for 4 hours, and I am happy to annouce i received my brown sash. I have been training in Shaolin Long Fist for about 7 years now. Although there are people who have not been training as long as me but have received their brown sashes earlier, I still feel its a great achievement for me. I do know though that I will have to work much harder but I am already moving further in my journey.

The grading itself was very hard, we had a good warm up with some physical activites like running to your partner, while doing squat thrusts, pressups, kicks, and situps, then some san shou involving some joint lock techniques, then pad work, working through a form to practuse precision of movements. And after all this we had to go through our individual forms. I performed about 5 or 6 of my empty hand forms, my nunchuk form and stick form. I am quite proud of myself for not being sick as it was very hard.
That sounds like a really fantastic program, and congratulations on your achievement.

OP
T

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I still can't believe it! But I am so happy and i guess from here it wil get much more harder! My instructor will not give us higher grades much slack! we wil be expected to work much harder than everyone else! But I love this! Through illness i have been training, in all weathers and have never given up and hopefully will never give up!

Latest Discussions