Jack the Ripper

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For those with more education and learning than I, I propose the question who was Jack the Ripper? I have heard numerous theories on the subject, from the price to a mad mason, but I have no clue. So if you have a theory please explain whom you think was Jack and explain why

Hyper_Shadow

Green Belt
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is quite obsessed with this elusive character. The only thing I can say is that I don't have any personal theory on it. The only facts about the Ripper Killings are that a lot of people died in the White Chapel area of Londonduring Victoria's reign. As time has progressed there have been many things said about this man (or it could have even been a woman or more than one person) but nothing has ever been confirmed. The general consensus now is that this man was more than likely to have been questioned at some point and disregarded because he just didn't fit the description of a killer. The only real legacy I can say for certain about the Ripper Killings is that it frightened the monacrhy so much that the Queen commissioned street lamps to be built. So for those of you who wondered where street lamps in England originated, there you go.
The only certain things are that people were murdered; all in the most horrific of ways and then brutally mutilated afterwards. Other than that th only certainty is that noone was ever caught.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Besides the mutilations I have heard (somewhere/time) that certain symbols where cut into the victims. Is there any truth to this? Is there any documents from the magistrate or coroner that exist today on the killings?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is quite obsessed with this elusive character. The only thing I can say is that I don't have any personal theory on it. The only facts about the Ripper Killings are that a lot of people died in the White Chapel area of Londonduring Victoria's reign. As time has progressed there have been many things said about this man (or it could have even been a woman or more than one person) but nothing has ever been confirmed. The general consensus now is that this man was more than likely to have been questioned at some point and disregarded because he just didn't fit the description of a killer. The only real legacy I can say for certain about the Ripper Killings is that it frightened the monacrhy so much that the Queen commissioned street lamps to be built. So for those of you who wondered where street lamps in England originated, there you go.
The only certain things are that people were murdered; all in the most horrific of ways and then brutally mutilated afterwards. Other than that th only certainty is that noone was ever caught.

The discussion rages on to this day...

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
think I have to wait till the Engilishmen wake up for their comments. LOL

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is an excellent mini-series about JTR it starred Michael Caine..

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The world will never know. Only that the crimes have stopped.
The present day Jack is definitely a copy cat and has a higher chance of being caught through modern forensics than the original.

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
there are alot of people thought to be JACK THE RIPPER but we will never know. as posted earlier if there was a JACK THE RIPPER today he would be caught because of the tech we have that we did not back then

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So are there any records in the police files today on the cases and do coroner reports still exists?
Where there symbols cut into some of the victims or where they just sliced and diced?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So are there any records in the police files today on the cases and do coroner reports still exists?
Where there symbols cut into some of the victims or where they just sliced and diced?
I'm guessing they're myth. Sounds much more sinister don't you think when you read/hear about mysterious symbols carved into the flesh of the hapless victims. Makes ole' Jack all the more depraved and mad.
He may have had a method to his madness and probably a great deal of anger towards women and or prostitutes (perhaps his own mother was one and raised him in a life of squalor and desperation and so on...) Or he was a rejected suitor of a pretty lady and took his mad out on those poor girls. The last one might've even looked a lot like his love which is why her face was mutilated beyond recognition.

Or....

He wasn't a man at all... but an evil spirit... flying through space and time... only to end up on the Enterprise NCC-1701 to be destroyed finally in the transporter beam while screaming Redjack! REDJACK!

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read a very good book a couple years back called, "The Cases that Haunt Us". The author, John Douglas, was one of the early pioneers of the FBI profiling unit.

In the book (it is a series of chapters and each one is a different famous unsolved case from JonBenet Ramsey, to the Charles Lindburg kidnapping) Douglas looks at ALL the reports, medical records etc. that the police had in the JTR case. He then reconstructs a profile and gives his opinion on who the person was.

To be honest, right off hand I can't remember who he thinks it was, but the chapter isn't too long to go to a bookstore and read it. OR if that thing interests you, just buy the book.

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score
Give the "Doctor" a call. I am sure Doctor Who can figure it out...after all the TARDIS cna take him to amazing places and times.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it was Vivian from the Young Ones.

young3.jpg

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is a very interesting case. There are so many strange things about it (and I'm not talking about the conspiracy stuff about Prince Albert).

There are only five murders that are officially attributed to the ripper, but there are another nine or ten that are similar and contemporary. Are they the work of the ripper? Who knows. Criminal investigators did not have the tools we do today.

There is the whole issue of the writing on the wall which may, or may not, be derogatory toward Jews (double negatives, inspectors possibly removing words etc), which are only associated with the case because the apron of one of the victims was found nearby.

And of course there are the numerous letters claiming to be from the perpetrator (one of which, the "Dear Boss" letter gave Jack his name). These really do take us into strange realms. Some are obvious hoaxes, but some are disturbingly close to the mark.

A modern geographical profile was done on the ripper case which concluded that the ripper lived within a mile of all the victims' homes.

I have read and heard many compelling cases for various suspects but there is usually some sort of flaw in each case so no one really leaps out. It is likely that the ripper will never be known. The case will, however, continue to be wonderful fodder for conspiracy theorists and writers just the same.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Strange i had thought because of some of the highly educated people on this forum this would have been a good topic for discussion and that there might have been some people with differing thoughts given on the matter and a good discussion would have evolved.
We have had a few good answers but it dose seem like most neither care or have no knowledge to add .