Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
The following came from the forums section of this website:
http://http://www.internationalkenpofellowship.com/Main.html
Posts below
G Maughan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To answer some of your posts below, yes it is true, I have recently been promoted to the rank of 11th Degree Kenpo Black belt by a panel from Atlantic City's Martial Arts, Boxing and Athletics community.
The panel consisted of 6 individuals, 2 which were from Black Belt Magazine. Chuck Norris my honorary brother, members of the CIA and the Artist formerly known as Prince also guested at this grading, so those who doubt its merit or authenticity can be under no illusions, this was a real test which involved the complete syllabus from my Kenpo system and also the many innovations to the system (directional harmony, contact manipulation, double factors ETC ETC) I created which Ed Parker himself commented on. Â
On the note below, I would have liked my old Kenpo partner, Mr Tatum (a fellow 10th Dan) to have attended too as it would have reminded me of the times we spent 8-10 hours a day practicing in his house which was of great benefit to both him and me.
Those who say I have been awarding myself belts are mistaken for whatever reasons, most likely their own. Â I will not comment on this scurrilous accusation from small minded part timers.
In the spirit of kempo
Senior Grandmaster of the arts GMaughan, 11th Degree black belt

B

brianhunter

Originally posted by Seig

The following came from the forums section of this website:
http://http://www.internationalkenpofellowship.com/Main.html
Posts below
G Maughan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To answer some of your posts below, yes it is true, I have recently been promoted to the rank of 11th Degree Kenpo Black belt by a panel from Atlantic City's Martial Arts, Boxing and Athletics community.
The panel consisted of 6 individuals, 2 which were from Black Belt Magazine. Chuck Norris my honorary brother, members of the CIA and the Artist formerly known as Prince also guested at this grading, so those who doubt its merit or authenticity can be under no illusions, this was a real test which involved the complete syllabus from my Kenpo system and also the many innovations to the system (directional harmony, contact manipulation, double factors ETC ETC) I created which Ed Parker himself commented on. Â
On the note below, I would have liked my old Kenpo partner, Mr Tatum (a fellow 10th Dan) to have attended too as it would have reminded me of the times we spent 8-10 hours a day practicing in his house which was of great benefit to both him and me.
Those who say I have been awarding myself belts are mistaken for whatever reasons, most likely their own. Â I will not comment on this scurrilous accusation from small minded part timers.
In the spirit of kempo
Senior Grandmaster of the arts GMaughan, 11th Degree black belt

This can't be serious? I hope its not.....I wonder how much the artist formerly known as prince charges for an 11th dan test? Is he available for seminars or lectures? Ill bet his martial arts knowledge is astounding! (please detect the hint of sarcasm) Can someone be my honorary brother? I hear Chuck Norris is taken?!?!?!?

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by brianhunter

This can't be serious? I hope its not.....I wonder how much the artist formerly known as prince charges for an 11th dan test? Is he available for seminars or lectures? Ill bet his martial arts knowledge is astounding! (please detect the hint of sarcasm) Can someone be my honorary brother? I hear Chuck Norris is taken?!?!?!?

I am here for you man. Now let's all sing Kumbya!

K

Kirk

ROFLMAO!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: That's "Senior Grandmaster Artist
Formerly Known As Prince" ! LOLOLOL

B

brianhunter

Originally posted by jeffkyle

I am here for you man. Now let's all sing Kumbya!

Yeah but only if my wife will watch the kids for an hour or two HAHAHAHAHAHHA

K

Kirk

Master George Alexander Maughan

Combat Magazine Hall of fame Award 1999. The 25th. Combat Awards were held in the Aston Villa Hoite Suite in the Aston Villa grounds in Birmingham on the 23rd. October 1999. Master Maughan became the first Master in the world to receive the Combat Magazine Hall of Fame award in Kenpo Karate.

September 2000
WORLD HEAD OF FAMILY SOKESHIP COUNCIL
Master George Alexander Maughan Becomes Millennium Grandmaster Of The Year
Held In Radisson Hotel Universal Orlando September 1st-2nd, 2000

November 2000
THE EASTERN U.S.A. INTERNATIONAL MARTIAL ARTS ASSOCIATION,
THE INTERNATIONAL BLACK BELT HALL OF FAME
Master George Alexander Maughan Is Awarded The Pioneer Award
Held In The Pittburgh International Airport Holiday Inn Hotel In Pittsburgh, Pennsyvania On November 3rd 4th &5th.

B

brianhunter

Originally posted by Kirk

Master George Alexander Maughan

Combat Magazine Hall of fame Award 1999. The 25th. Combat Awards were held in the Aston Villa Hoite Suite in the Aston Villa grounds in Birmingham on the 23rd. October 1999. Master Maughan became the first Master in the world to receive the Combat Magazine Hall of Fame award in Kenpo Karate.

September 2000
WORLD HEAD OF FAMILY SOKESHIP COUNCIL
Master George Alexander Maughan Becomes Millennium Grandmaster Of The Year
Held In Radisson Hotel Universal Orlando September 1st-2nd, 2000

November 2000
THE EASTERN U.S.A. INTERNATIONAL MARTIAL ARTS ASSOCIATION,
THE INTERNATIONAL BLACK BELT HALL OF FAME
Master George Alexander Maughan Is Awarded The Pioneer Award
Held In The Pittburgh International Airport Holiday Inn Hotel In Pittsburgh, Pennsyvania On November 3rd 4th &5th.

Thats odd considering I have never even heard of the guy?!?!?!? Sounds like he like to visit hotels wonder if he has or ever had a school....But of course if the artist formely known as prince sat in on his promotion along with someone from the CIA who am I to argue with that kind of validation!!!:shrug:

W

WilliamTLear

You can have prince sit on your black belt board too... CLICK HERE to view his official web site!

B

brianhunter

Originally posted by WilliamTLear

You can have prince sit on your black belt board too... CLICK HERE to view his official web site!

OMG Billy you are killing me!!!!!!!!! I cant stop laughing!! He didnt have a martial arts link on his site though maybe you should email him!

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by WilliamTLear

That doesn't look like much of a "prince" to me... More like a princess???

J

jleonardusa

Hi all,

Being the moderator on the fellowship forum that was posted on, I had to find out if it was true, and supposedly it is. The guy has donned an "11th" (hard to type without being sarcastic).

Kenpo first arrived in Europe in the late 60's with Mr John McSweeny, when he travelled to Dublin to study. Mr Maughan received his Black belt in the early 80's (84 I believe) from Mr James Rice (Who I think is now a 7th.) He was graded to 6th about 6 years ago by Mr Tatum, but since then has mysteriously been awarded all his grades from someone (perhaps that same Atlantic city panel with Prince and the CIA guys who are actually senior ranking Kenpo blackbelts (remember Elvis? See !) *SARCASM*) till last year when he was suddenly a 10th.

Now it appears he is an 11th. Hmmm....new rank in my books. He has obviously caused a lot of annoyance and ruffled feathers in Ireland where he claims he is the "Senior Grandmaster" of the arts. What I find so tough to believe is that someone would have the audacity to claim such a thing. I dont think there is any way to be more disrespectful to Mr Parker (and his family), all the other 10th degrees out there (and the 9th, 8th and 7th degrees), and to his own instructor.

Making a buck is one thing, but to do something like that in my mind is just foolish/idiotic/disrespectful. He has pretty much been ostracized from the Irish Kenpo community (and I dont think anyone will argue - rightly so) but has caused a lot of damage in a community that is trying to heal rifts and displace anger and rivalry that has developed over the years since Mr Parkers death.

The fellowship (www.internationalkenpofellowship.com) has been trying hard over the past year to develop an international "community" where Kenpoists can thrive, get to know each other etc. (Check the site out if you get a chance)
Who knows, maybe this will help to gel people together that bit faster!

I still find it tough to think that someone would think its cool to wear an 11th!

Anyway, that was to just give a little background on the subject of that link. (Can anyone tell from my post that it pis**s me off ! ! ! :) )

In the Spirit of Kenpo
James Leonard

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the near future, people will have to wear black belts that hang down to their ankles, so you can fit all the stripes. Of course, that could make you more prone to triping and falling flat on your face.
:asian:

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by jleonardusa

Hi all,

Being the moderator on the fellowship forum that was posted on, I had to find out if it was true, and supposedly it is. The guy has donned an "11th" (hard to type without being sarcastic).

Kenpo first arrived in Europe in the late 60's with Mr John McSweeny, when he travelled to Dublin to study. Mr Maughan received his Black belt in the early 80's (84 I believe) from Mr James Rice (Who I think is now a 7th.) He was graded to 6th about 6 years ago by Mr Tatum, but since then has mysteriously been awarded all his grades from someone (perhaps that same Atlantic city panel with Prince and the CIA guys who are actually senior ranking Kenpo blackbelts (remember Elvis? See !) *SARCASM*) till last year when he was suddenly a 10th.

Now it appears he is an 11th. Hmmm....new rank in my books. He has obviously caused a lot of annoyance and ruffled feathers in Ireland where he claims he is the "Senior Grandmaster" of the arts. What I find so tough to believe is that someone would have the audacity to claim such a thing. I dont think there is any way to be more disrespectful to Mr Parker (and his family), all the other 10th degrees out there (and the 9th, 8th and 7th degrees), and to his own instructor.

Making a buck is one thing, but to do something like that in my mind is just foolish/idiotic/disrespectful. He has pretty much been ostracized from the Irish Kenpo community (and I dont think anyone will argue - rightly so) but has caused a lot of damage in a community that is trying to heal rifts and displace anger and rivalry that has developed over the years since Mr Parkers death.

The fellowship (www.internationalkenpofellowship.com) has been trying hard over the past year to develop an international "community" where Kenpoists can thrive, get to know each other etc. (Check the site out if you get a chance)
Who knows, maybe this will help to gel people together that bit faster!

I still find it tough to think that someone would think its cool to wear an 11th!

Anyway, that was to just give a little background on the subject of that link. (Can anyone tell from my post that it pis**s me off ! ! ! :) )

In the Spirit of Kenpo
James Leonard
I'm stunned, i thought it was a joke.......:barf:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Plain and simple CRAPOLA.........:fart: Bull$hit Royale. American Kenpo it is not. If so I have a "board" that wants to grade him........:hammer:

The Emperor
:moon:

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Plain and simple CRAPOLA.........:fart: Bull$hit Royale. American Kenpo it is not. If so I have a "board" that wants to grade him........:hammer:

The Emperor
:moon:

Does that board consist of 2X4 members???

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
i do have to admit...i'd love to see a pic of this guy wearing the 11th. maybe the bars are red sequesce (sp?) now and sparkle in the light as he graces you with his presence...making his techniques truly the "flashiest"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions