correlation

platinum_angel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i was just wondering if kempo is like karate. while i was in karate this one black belt came to do like a demonstration. he had a black gi on. but i remember that the people in my class were like oh well his techniques arn't practical. kind of ironic lol. but not sure

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I came out of a traditional Shotokan Karate School, did some Taekwondo in college (3 years) and then started Kenpo (not Kempo.) In between or as a part of, I have done Tai Chi, Pa Kua, Hung Gar, and Choy Li Fut. My current business partner, Ray Parra, is a senior student of Dan Inosanto, been with him over 30 years, so I have a broad base to compare and contrast with.

I dare say I have found a home. Mostly practical, mostly effective, and mostly lots of hard work, sweat, and fun. Check out a Kenpo school near you to see the difference. Realize, there are several different brands of Kenpo/Kempo out there. American, Chinese, Japanese, and sub-divisions under that.

Oss,
-Michael

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by platinum_angel
cool thanks for the post.

i might just do that.:)

Why? So you can visit the kempo/kenpo forums and tell them that in your experience their art is ineffective?

Just curious...

Don't fall victim to this person. He has been posting inflammatory trolling posts in the Japanese forum regarding his opinions on karate. I suspect he is here to do the same...

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

OP
P

platinum_angel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i'm not going to judge something i have never taken.

mabye if i take a class for 1.5 years then i might tell you what i think but for now i am just doing research on the art or scoping it out.:)

you need to calm down.