is my workout decent?

OP
H

hwarang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
guys im not going to be amovie star and i realize that my highest hope was to own my own school one day, but thats not all im doing im hoping to be a fireman/emt because they work a few days a week and that would leave time for my martial arts school

OP
H

hwarang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
First off i see nowhere where you are working on MA stuff like Poomse or Kata or Forms, then I see nothing about one steps sparring or Two step or self defense not to mention working on your blocking routine or your kicks or countering your fighter. So I guess I'm confuse what type of MA are you in that all the basic does not need to be worked on. What about spiritual training is that not part of your daily routine. Please I'm not trying to critizise just trying to understand if you are thinking about MA as a career where is your MA training, because I must have missed it with all the wieght lifting, not to mention no cardio in your work out except you believe bag training is cardio.

Take care looking for your response
Terry Lee Stoker
i work on my techniques everyday right after school i go to the dojo

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
hwarang said:
guys im not going to be amovie star and i realize that my highest hope was to own my own school one day, but thats not all im doing im hoping to be a fireman/emt because they work a few days a week and that would leave time for my martial arts school
OK....sound like a good plan.....best endeavors

OP
H

hwarang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
thank you guys for your thoughts.. especially the one about a week off every month that sounds like itll work ill try it this month

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think what you need to do is open your and do your own research. Doing this may lead you to a paths that you have no first hand experienced but may seem interesting. Just from your postings it seems that you could have interests in physical therapy, coaching (PE Teacher) or emergency medicine.

For your weight lifting education try reading Getting Stronger- Bill Pearl and the encyclopedia of weightlifting - A. Schwartzaneger

On getting the most out of your body I'd suggest your local college book store and dive into the PE/Kinesology section. There is a ton of stuff on the cycles of the body, how it relates training/overtraing, rest/recovery and maximal performance. There is also a ton of empirical data on strength and range of motion for a human being stuff you need to know about if you really want help your students.

Good Luck

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TX_BB said:
1.) I think what you need to do is open your and do your own research. Doing this may lead you to a paths that you have no first hand experienced but may seem interesting. Just from your postings it seems that you could have interests in physical therapy, coaching (PE Teacher) or emergency medicine.

2.) For your weight lifting education try reading Getting Stronger- Bill Pearl and the encyclopedia of weightlifting - A. Schwartzaneger

3.) On getting the most out of your body I'd suggest your local college book store and dive into the PE/Kinesology section. There is a ton of stuff on the cycles of the body, how it relates training/overtraing, rest/recovery and maximal performance. There is also a ton of empirical data on strength and range of motion for a human being stuff you need to know about if you really want help your students.

4.) Good Luck
1.) Yes, physical therapy or sports medicine is a grand start.

2.) Great reference. Makes me want to check it out. thanks

3.) Kinesology. A realtive of mine went into Sports Medicine after he was a health fitness instructor at a local Gold's Gym. He had very much knoweldge with the subject.

4.) Luck should hardly anything to do with it.
icon12.gif

Latest Discussions