If you are not tkd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Question to the masses,

if you are not a Taekwondo-er, why post anti-tkd statements and continue to self promote ones true org in this section. Its kind of like the relatives who are related and think they are better than the rest of the family, yet continue to come to the family functions and walk around pointing out "the families issues".

By all means, ALL, enter the tkd forumn, please inquire, learn, educate, comment... but do not reflect oneself as the "my homemade style that i used a weekend TKD class at the "Y" as a semi-foundation to my true ART that rights all the mistakes and misdeeds of your nasty, childrens TKD does that i learned from reading on the web and in magazines over the past 5 decades so i am an expert and it is my job to point out the errors of this abomination we call korean martial arts which is nothing more than stolen karate from japan because real martial arts are for the streets and.......

botttom line. go away.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A blanket accusation then covering everyone? Threads on the TKD section get animated and locked down with the TKDists arguing not the non TKDists.

Before you ask I have done TKD and even graded.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A blanket accusation then covering everyone? Threads on the TKD section get animated and locked down with the TKDists arguing not the non TKDists.

Nah, he's mad at me. He posted some false information that I corrected him on and now he's having a hissy-fit. d1jinx, for your information, I have TKD rank. It didn't come from a magazine either. I post my opinions even if not popular with some people. If this is something that you simply can't handle, avail yourself of the ignore button and then it won't bother you. Otherwise, engage me in thoughtful conversation rather than posting false information about me (or my instructors).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, he's mad at me. He posted some false information that I corrected him on and now he's having a hissy-fit. d1jinx, for your information, I have TKD rank. It didn't come from a magazine either. I post my opinions even if not popular with some people. If this is something that you simply can't handle, avail yourself of the ignore button and then it won't bother you. Otherwise, engage me in thoughtful conversation rather than posting false information about me (or my instructors).

One of the things that annoys me about my job is that if one person makes a mistake, usually a letter goes around to everyone telling you not to do whatever they did, it's patronising and cowardice on the managers part. This reminds me of that, blaming everyone when you really want to get at one person. If d1jinx is mad at you he can take up your suggestion to ignore you or argue it out by PM, don't go schimphing about the rest of us.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. My PM is wide open. And unless someone needs an audience, I'm pretty accessible for private discussion. And hopefully resolution.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't noticed a huge problem in this section with people from other arts coming here and bagging out tkd. Over the years I've noticed, if anything, that its more tkdists bagging out on tkd or the direction tkd is going. I hope the post wasn't referring to Kong soo do because his input into this section is invaluable in my opinion.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One of the things that annoys me about my job is that if one person makes a mistake, usually a letter goes around to everyone telling you not to do whatever they did, it's patronising and cowardice on the managers part. This reminds me of that, blaming everyone when you really want to get at one person. If d1jinx is mad at you he can take up your suggestion to ignore you or argue it out by PM, don't go schimphing about the rest of us.

Now there's a lovely word, 'schimpfing'. From the German 'schimpfen', to insult or complain about. I have a big dictionary of Bavarian Schimpfworter. Could come in handy if this site ever goes multilingual!

On topic. With the OP, I don't see the problem. It's just different perspectives, and that promotes discussion. Personally I am grateful to everyone for presenting their views. It helps me to keep an open mind.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Question to the masses,

if you are not a Taekwondo-er, why post anti-tkd statements and continue to self promote ones true org in this section. Its kind of like the relatives who are related and think they are better than the rest of the family, yet continue to come to the family functions and walk around pointing out "the families issues".

By all means, ALL, enter the tkd forumn, please inquire, learn, educate, comment... but do not reflect oneself as the "my homemade style that i used a weekend TKD class at the "Y" as a semi-foundation to my true ART that rights all the mistakes and misdeeds of your nasty, childrens TKD does that i learned from reading on the web and in magazines over the past 5 decades so i am an expert and it is my job to point out the errors of this abomination we call korean martial arts which is nothing more than stolen karate from japan because real martial arts are for the streets and.......

botttom line. go away.

Report posts by people who disrupt TKD threads in this manner. If the conversation is not about comparative effectiveness or contrasting approach and you find people from other arts doing this then that is thread disruption and is against the rules.

You should be aware, however, that this is an open board and unless someone has done this and received a restricted access infraction for doing so, anyone can read and post on these threads just as you can on threads about other arts.

Bottom line? Report rule-breaking posts.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can see that the Kong Soo Do defense league came to the rescue. Having said that he does keep the BBS lively! With his humble unbiased posts. He is the final word BTW!!!!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now there's a lovely word, 'schimpfing'. From the German 'schimpfen', to insult or complain about. I have a big dictionary of Bavarian Schimpfworter. Could come in handy if this site ever goes multilingual!

On topic. With the OP, I don't see the problem. It's just different perspectives, and that promotes discussion. Personally I am grateful to everyone for presenting their views. It helps me to keep an open mind.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

It was picked up by the military as we have a few bases there and is a common word in military 'slang'. it's one of the less gross words lol, however it does describe the whinging though.
On topic though another expression in common use is 'suck up' lol that or do something, such as the action Shesulsa suggests.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always wondered where that word came from! Huzzar, I have fulfilled my learn-something-new-each-day goal for today :D.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also think that a lot of our posters who get a little too emotionally 'invested' in their arts need to watch more of this:

[yt]1mm2fphEGG4[/yt]

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can see that the Kong Soo Do defense league came to the rescue. Having said that he does keep the BBS lively! With his humble unbiased posts. He is the final word BTW!!!!!!

Did you read this thread? Saying d1jinx should've PM'ed Kong Soo Do instead of posting a public thread is hardly a "defense league." shesulsa points out that if there is a problem then anyone's posts can be reported. Again, hardly a "defense league." Or do you have a problem with ralphmcpherson saying he thinks KSD's post are worthwhile reading?

Pax,

Chris

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's okay Chris, I've developed a little fan club and I suppose I should be flattered. After all, they've invested a lot of time and energy on me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My defence wasn't for Kong Soo Do as I didn't know when I first posted that the OP was aimed at him, it was because it came across as a blanket attack on the 'masses', being called that was a bit rude anyway.

I vote we now set up an official KSD fan club with signed photos and everything!!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I don't know who you're talking about here. If you're suggesting MY post defends kongsoodo, perhaps you (specifically) should read it again. I offered a logical and proper solution to the OP's conundrum to be helpful. Let's not inflame the KMA section further, eh? It would be nice to have some productive conversation rather than My-mucky-muck-is-better-than-your-mucky-muck arguments.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eh... I spent the first 15 years or so (including a surgically repaired blown knee) in TKD & a 3rd dan. I can comment & gripe. I earned it.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Am I the only one starting to see the irony of posting a thread to outsiders to quit coming over and starting BBS squabbles on the TKD board only to have TKD'ers start squabbling amongst themselves within that message?

Ahhh...dance my puppets...dance. :D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Actually, I think he's making a valid point.

And it isn't about one poster in my opinion. The major sources of flaming in this section tend to come from people who are either unaffiliated and have a beef with the Kukkiwon, and from people who come in and act like they know about taekwondo and make erroneous or even dishonest statements and use those statements to take a crack at the Kukkiwon or some other TKD org.

There are other issues in this section to be sure, but I don't think that DJinx was implying that these individuals are in any way the sole cause of all TKD section issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.