My dream... a traditional dojang

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Reading Terry's toughts about his dojang, feelings,etc. I want to share with you my dream. Since a teen my dream was to be a TKD teacher having my own dojan, travels to Korea to train with the massters and all that stuff. I finished College,married and focused on the family bussiness.

Today I feel something is missing and this is my dream. I would like to have a small dojang and runing it afther my work schedule, this is afther 7:00 p.m., in my dojang I will teach only dedicated adult men/women that wanted to learn the Martial Art of Tae Kwon Do, not olimpic TKD, not KKW TKD.

I will take not more than 10 pupils to focus on them and I will be open minded inviting sesnseis of diferente MA to teach us their arts, maybe once per month we can have a little seminar of aikido for example or maybe grecoroman wrestling,etc.

My dojang will be of Korean Martial Art ( Korean Karate) like it was long time ago.

It's a dream, who knows maybe someday it will come true.

Manny

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds like a great dream. There is no reason that it cannot come true.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you Manny. Dream big, and keep working hard, that is what dreams are made of.
icon7.gif

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck Manny!

I teach at a multi-discipline school and have been concerned about the perception that my classes are not as important as those taught by the school owners. I have a lot of respect for these gentlemen, but felt slighted in the lack of compensation, advertising, and web presence. Sometimes I feel like I should just teach private lessons at my home where I have a small dojang. I think it would be so much easier if I didn't have to drive, change, and teach a class in someone else' building. But, I don't do TKD just for myself and think I have something to offer to students who are not black belts.

Continue to dream and work to make those dreams come true!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand what is stopping you from fulfilling your dream.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chuck, look at my question. This may be the answer. BTW, still waiting for you to weigh in on my post.