If you are not tkd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think he's making a valid point.

And it isn't about one poster in my opinion. The major sources of flaming in this section tend to come from people who are either unaffiliated and have a beef with the Kukkiwon, and from people who come in and act like they know about taekwondo and make erroneous or even dishonest statements and use those statements to take a crack at the Kukkiwon or some other TKD org.

There are other issues in this section to be sure, but I don't think that DJinx was implying that these individuals are in any way the sole cause of all TKD section issues.

Well, calling everyone 'the masses' was rude, painting everyone the same was rude and by all accounts he's aiming it at one person and one person only. This is something that if he has a beef with someone he should sort out without involving or accusing everyone else...and it was everyone he was aiming his post at, everyone on MT ie 'the masses'.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not quibbling here. The OP asked that anyone who is not a TKD artist to stay out of that section and expressed he feels we non-TKDers are the blame of the majority of the issues in the TKD section.

I did not offer my opinion of his statement, I offered him a solution. We would all do well if we stop arguing about how we're not arguing and leave it at that.

Report disruptive, rule-breaking posts. Don't invite arguments. It's that simple.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, calling everyone 'the masses' was rude, painting everyone the same was rude and by all accounts he's aiming it at one person and one person only. This is something that if he has a beef with someone he should sort out without involving or accusing everyone else...and it was everyone he was aiming his post at, everyone on MT ie 'the masses'.
No offense, but it kind of seems like you're looking for offense if you think that it's rude.

He said, 'question to the masses,' meaning to anyone happening to read it, followed by, 'if you are...'

How is that painting everyone the same?

Again, I think that his point is valid and the request a reasonable one.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense, but it kind of seems like you're looking for offense if you think that it's rude.

He said, 'question to the masses,' meaning to anyone happening to read it, followed by, 'if you are...'

How is that painting everyone the same?

Again, I think that his point is valid and the request a reasonable one.

LOL,
def of 'the masses' the great body of the people, as contrasted with the higher classes; the populace.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/The+masses

I don't 'look for offense' btw I may 'take offence' though if I feel like something is chucked out in a post that is designed to inflame.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
LOL,
def of 'the masses' the great body of the people, as contrasted with the higher classes; the populace.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/The+masses

I don't 'look for offense' btw I may 'take offence' though if I feel like something is chucked out in a post that is designed to inflame.
I think you're savvy enough to know that not everyone speaks dictionary perfect in casual speech. We don't really have 'classes' in the US, so it probably wasn't meant that way. You'd have to ask him.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're savvy enough to know that not everyone speaks dictionary perfect in casual speech. We don't really have 'classes' in the US, so it probably wasn't meant that way. You'd have to ask him.

You think? Yours is based on money and status. Status here in some eyes is being a TKD grandmaster or of that ilk and there not to be spoken to in a manner they don't consider appropriate hence ...'the masses'.

If you think I should ask him why are defending him when you don't know either?

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
perhaps we can convince Bob to make a Sub-section in the TKD section.

Daniel hit it on the head.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

you take it so personal as if, I was speaking of you, so much so you make sure to jump right in and take on the fight personaly. glad you are here to defend all that is rude.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You think? Yours is based on money and status. Status here in some eyes is being a TKD grandmaster or of that ilk and there not to be spoken to in a manner they don't consider appropriate hence ...'the masses'.

If you think I should ask him why are defending him when you don't know either?
I'm not defending him any more than you were 'defending' another member. I merely stated that I think his point is valid and that his use of the term isn't universally offensive.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're being disingenuous Daniel. Djinx is referring to me, and me alone. After an exchange in another thread he zipped over and started this one. Let's be real here. He doesn't want me to post my opinion on certain aspects of TKD if it doesn't agree with his own. Simple as that. He, and you and a couple of others have several choices; discuss the topic unemotionally and either agree or disagree OR argue back and forth about stuff that isn't on-topic page after page or better yet see if you can post a zinger to try and discredit me. Your choice is apparent. Rather than simply say, "Dave, I just don't agree with you on this point" you and others have chosen to got the route of, "you don't know what you're talking about/you have no experience/you're an outsider that shouldn't be posting here/go away you're not allowed in our playground".

And then you bring up 'little gems' as an attempt to 'get me' and drop them into the thread like the link you posted. As I said there, link all you like. It is all you can do rather than dispassionately discuss a point of disagreement. That link doesn't bother me. The bits that were inaccurate I corrected in the same thread, such as I've been banned from different BBS. I've never been banned on any board. The guy that was hounding me was the one that was banned from this board and most of the other major boards because he was doing the same think to other people. That is a verifiable fact on both accounts. Hey, there is a thread on bullshido about me as well Daniel, drop that into a thread. Make sure you leave out the fact that I was never a part of that thread, because I was never a member of that board. Leave out the fact that it was started by the same guy that was bounced out of here and other boards. Leave out the fact one photo was photo shopped. Leave out the fact that he made all the stuff up or changed details to try and discredit me. Leave out the fact the guy never met me or knows anything about me. Just post the link cause it may make me look bad. That way you score a point in the argument.

As for me, I'm getting off the crazy train. I'm tired of you guys taking threads off course for endless pages because your nose is out of joint or your tender sensibilities are offended. I'm not going to respond and cause the mods grief. I'm going to post what I feel is valid and valuable to the best of my abilities. I'm not going to respond to the jabs any further. Feel free to zing me in anyway that makes you feel better. Just make sure you can defend it from a legal standpoint. Take the hint, nuff said.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you take it so personal as if, I was speaking of you, so much so you make sure to jump right in and take on the fight personaly. glad you are here to defend all that is rude.

Dear me, you are very prickly aren't you? You start a post addressed to all, you wonder why 'all' don't agree with you, then you get grumpy with me. Am I the displacement person for who you really want to have a go at?

How am I defending all that is rude by the way?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
perhaps we can convince Bob to make a Sub-section in the TKD section.
At some point, there will be so many subsections on this site that everyone will have his or her own virtual room with no one to talk to anymore.

I just don't see what the big deal is. If someone is trolling, there are already rules against that. Just report the post and move on. It's when people report the post AND add fuel to the fire that things get out of control. Not just in this forum, but in other areas of the site, as well.

And for the record, I hold no rank in TKD... just in case anyone wants to know my credentials. I do, however, really enjoy reading the threads. Well, most of them, anyway. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm 'defending' all that is rude can I take this thread off track and tell rude jokes please?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If I'm 'defending' all that is rude can I take this thread off track and tell rude jokes please?
Question: What do you call a woman who's flying an airplane?

Answer: A pilot, you sexist pig.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between an amateur, a professional and a show off?

An amateur spits, a professional swallows and a showoff gargles...........

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You're being disingenuous Daniel. Djinx is referring to me, and me alone. After an exchange in another thread he zipped over and started this one. Let's be real here. He doesn't want me to post my opinion on certain aspects of TKD if it doesn't agree with his own. Simple as that. He, and you and a couple of others have several choices; discuss the topic unemotionally and either agree or disagree OR argue back and forth about stuff that isn't on-topic page after page or better yet see if you can post a zinger to try and discredit me. Your choice is apparent. Rather than simply say, "Dave, I just don't agree with you on this point" you and others have chosen to got the route of, "you don't know what you're talking about/you have no experience/you're an outsider that shouldn't be posting here/go away you're not allowed in our playground".

And then you bring up 'little gems' as an attempt to 'get me' and drop them into the thread like the link you posted. As I said there, link all you like. It is all you can do rather than dispassionately discuss a point of disagreement. That link doesn't bother me. The bits that were inaccurate I corrected in the same thread, such as I've been banned from different BBS. I've never been banned on any board. The guy that was hounding me was the one that was banned from this board and most of the other major boards because he was doing the same think to other people. That is a verifiable fact on both accounts. Hey, there is a thread on bullshido about me as well Daniel, drop that into a thread. Make sure you leave out the fact that I was never a part of that thread, because I was never a member of that board. Leave out the fact that it was started by the same guy that was bounced out of here and other boards. Leave out the fact one photo was photo shopped. Leave out the fact that he made all the stuff up or changed details to try and discredit me. Leave out the fact the guy never met me or knows anything about me. Just post the link cause it may make me look bad. That way you score a point in the argument.

As for me, I'm getting off the crazy train. I'm tired of you guys taking threads off course for endless pages because your nose is out of joint or your tender sensibilities are offended. I'm not going to respond and cause the mods grief. I'm going to post what I feel is valid and valuable to the best of my abilities. I'm not going to respond to the jabs any further. Feel free to zing me in anyway that makes you feel better. Just make sure you can defend it from a legal standpoint. Take the hint, nuff said.

I can only rely on what you post about yourself and threads about you, that you have "corrected". But there seems to be so much out there about you it makes me wonder, WHY? at what point does some part of it have to be true? How long are we supposed to say "Poor You" and ignore pages upon pages that seem to be reflected in the same stuff you post here?

Personally I dont care who you are, what you do and how you do it. I have never met you, and care not to ever meet you. I dont care if you are a fraud or if you are legit. It doesnt matter. Everyone is entitiled to their opinion and I stated mine. you have ZERO credibility based off the conclusion I have formed after reading all about you here on MT and reading your comments and statements posted in the past, present and future. Not Bullshido, dont read or follow. I posted nothing or drew any conclusions about you that wasnt public information or given out by yourself here on MT or your website.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Please PM me a mailing address I can send the bill for a monitor too. :D

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score

I must be an amateur...that joke made spit some coffee.ha.ha.ha.ha.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know who you're talking about here. If you're suggesting MY post defends kongsoodo, perhaps you (specifically) should read it again. I offered a logical and proper solution to the OP's conundrum to be helpful. Let's not inflame the KMA section further, eh? It would be nice to have some productive conversation rather than My-mucky-muck-is-better-than-your-mucky-muck arguments.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe this is why I am not on the mod staff anymore, and just an advisor, but:

1) Play within the rules.
2) If you argue provided data and references
3) DO NOT Challenge the STAFF. They do not get paid. They do this as volunteer. It takes a lot of time to watch over and deal with issues.

Now me personally, a couple of people would be on warnings or vacations for the comments they have made. IN particular dictating who cannot post on this site, and accusing people generically of coming to someone's defense. Report the issue, and or provide a lint and a point on why you are making your comment.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I think he's making a valid point.

And it isn't about one poster in my opinion. The major sources of flaming in this section tend to come from people who are either unaffiliated and have a beef with the Kukkiwon, and from people who come in and act like they know about taekwondo and make erroneous or even dishonest statements and use those statements to take a crack at the Kukkiwon or some other TKD org.

There are other issues in this section to be sure, but I don't think that DJinx was implying that these individuals are in any way the sole cause of all TKD section issues.

The provide links to the correct data.

Report the disruptions.

Stop making more issues of your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions