Ideal or Idiocy?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The man has a point about some of the things that are wrong but does he have a solution that has a prayer of being implemented before everything implodes due to the ludicrous premise of our economic system?

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23799590[/video]

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am sure it's explained in the video...but why is it always some 007 futurama site they are building on...I think that the current stand of sience is that these man made structures are not sustainable over time...heck, land based projects hardly are.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of those involved in the Venus Project are fully paid up members of the Wingnut's R Uz society, it cannot be denied. But, as I say, the core foundations of their thinking, in terms of the fact that we have to change how we do business radically if we want to survive, cannot be gainsaid for much longer.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some of those involved in the Venus Project are fully paid up members of the Wingnut's R Uz society, it cannot be denied. But, as I say, the core foundations of their thinking, in terms of the fact that we have to change how we do business radically if we want to survive, cannot be gainsaid for much longer.

Oh, it has always taken a nutter to push the envelope and society further, the good and the bad....

but can't they find a plot of land to build their thing on?

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is a great "ideal" but, didn't I see this in Star Trek: TNG?

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think he just reinvented retirement.
The man has a point about some of the things that are wrong but does he have a solution that has a prayer of being implemented before everything implodes due to the ludicrous premise of our economic system?

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23799590[/video]

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm still pinning my hopes for the future of our society to the realization of the warp drive. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think it is a great idea that I wish could be reality, but like communism it looks really good on paper but there is that whole "Human Greed" thing that comes into play and the whole thing goes to hell in a hand basket

And it is greed for money and/or power that I am talking about when I say greed

Latest Discussions