You can certainly say you've earned it!

CONGRATULATIONS, SIR!!

:asian:

OP
P

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
WOW! Thanks to everyone who has replied to me post. Even more great news, my son Konner who is 1 break away (roundhouse) from his Purple Trim is retesting this week. My instructor told him if he passes then he gets to present me with my certificate!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you. It is wonderful to see families training together.

Miles

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The definition of a Black Belt is a white belt who didn't quit! :asian:

Congratulations to you and your son!

CM D.J. Eisenhart

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ANyone out there who has ever quit and thought of coming back but keeps having excuses like: I have bee gone too long, I am too old, I am too out of shape. Please go for it, I guarantee you will be extremely better off if you do!

And there you go - the attitude that overcomes all else! My sincere congratulations to you!

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So I started my martial ats journey in 1984 after seeing The Karete Kid when I was 10. I trained in a few different styles off and on until I started college and got involved in Tae Kwon Do in September of 1992. In November of 1996 I tested for my Black Belt and missed 3 techniques and 1 break. Shortly after my test I moved to California and never re-tested.

I ended up moving back to the area but never could find enough trainin time to prepare. Over the years life basically got in the way. I ended up getting married,having kids, work etc... I came back a few times and it either ended short because of work or an injury.

Finally in June of 2006 I decided to set my goal and nothing would stop me. I started training 7-12 times a week. Over the next 7 months I worked very hard, lost 45 lbs, re-learned alot of technique. On December 30 I tested (or re-tested kind of). My instructor gave me alot of technique to learn and breaks to prepare for.

After 2 1/2 hours I ended up 3 breaks away.

Well as of tonight, March 9th 2007, I am officially a 1st Dan Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.

During my test one of the masters asked each of us testing which of the tenets of Tae Kwon Do is the most important to us. Without even thinking I proudly said "Perserverence".

ANyone out there who has ever quit and thought of coming back but keeps having excuses like: I have bee gone too long, I am too old, I am too out of shape. Please go for it, I guarantee you will be extremely better off if you do!
Congratulations and Pil Sung!!
--josh

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is absolutely amazing. Congratulations are certainly in order for you.:asian:

OP
P

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thanks again for all of the encouraging replies. It has been almost 2 weeks and I don't think it has completely sunk in yet.

Latest Discussions