OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had the upper endoscopy today. Hiaital hernia and mucosal erythema. Biopsies taken and was prescribed Prilosec 40mg.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My poor lady :(, you have my symapthies. I'm back on the 'barrel of pills' diet again too. Went to the quacks and BP was 180/140 again :boo:.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My poor lady :(, you have my symapthies. I'm back on the 'barrel of pills' diet again too. Went to the quacks and BP was 180/140 again :boo:.

Do you check your BP on your own, or only at the office?
There is a real condition called "White Coat Syndrome" in which BP is elevated but only when you're in the office. Apparently we're all so scary that we cause your BP to go up. ;)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had the upper endoscopy today. Hiaital hernia and mucosal erythema. Biopsies taken and was prescribed Prilosec 40mg.

Not sure if I should do the happy dance or pray for you. What exactly does this mean? I gotta feeling this is not calling for the happy dance.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not sure if I should do the happy dance or pray for you. What exactly does this mean? I gotta feeling this is not calling for the happy dance.

It's all very much up in the air. The diagnosis report and pictures don't exactly outline exactly what kind of hiatus hernia I have (there are four types/grades) nor how severe. I suppose it's good there are no ulcers noted and no bleeding noted, but the irritated lesions abound, apparently, throughout the stomach and duodenum. I did ask the doc to consider an upper right quadrant U/S as I think my gallbladder is going, but this procedure was priority. I *suspect* H. Pylori and depending upon the severity and type of hernia I'm not sure I'm down for surgery on it as I've known so very many for whom this surgery has failed.

It's a waiting game - and a Prilosec prescription - now.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yiekes.

many hugs for you and best wishes that the medication clears things up!

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you check your BP on your own, or only at the office?
There is a real condition called "White Coat Syndrome" in which BP is elevated but only when you're in the office. Apparently we're all so scary that we cause your BP to go up. ;)

Just at the quacks, DD. It's been an ongoing situation for a while. They got my BP down to more normal levels with many drugs but I complained about the various side effects so, after a year or so, they stopped most of the medication. Sadly, I knew from how I felt that the BP was back up again and the doc just confirmed it ... back on multiple drugs again :(.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Results are in: other than the hiatus hernia, just plain old esophagitis and gastritis related to GERD. I'm on Prilosec for three months. Glad there are no further abnormalities.

Our family chiropractor helped me with the hernia and vowed to show the technique to my husband so he can help me in the future if need be.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just at the quacks, DD. It's been an ongoing situation for a while. They got my BP down to more normal levels with many drugs but I complained about the various side effects so, after a year or so, they stopped most of the medication. Sadly, I knew from how I felt that the BP was back up again and the doc just confirmed it ... back on multiple drugs again :(.

:( Crud, Suk. Sorry to hear this.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye I do so detest being tied to a regimen of blood pressure medications. I especially tend to a negative view as I definitely get the feeling that I, by now, have as much idea as the doctors do about what the actions of the various drugs are :lol:. I don't much care for being an 'experimental subject' as they try this and that to see what works :).