I guess it's my turn.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I went to the ER last night with serious chest pain, my blood pressure was 157/99. I've been admitted. It's still high, but my cardiac enzymes and EKG are normal.

I just returned from a stress test and am awaiting results.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
My thoughts are with you! At least you haven't had a heart attack, so there is good news. Keep us up to date, please.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, now would be a bad time to suggest you come back as an admin? :D

Seriously, get better fast. :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Really, Bob ... she said she FINISHED the stress test, not needed one!

Take care and feel better!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
images
images
images

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Shesulsa, you still have my vote for President :)

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good lord, Bob....

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Get better,soon, Georgia. (157/99 is not too alarming, btw. It could be that elevated from normal stress, like kids, or being a mod. Hopefully, they'll figure it out soon...)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did they disconnect the coffee IV first? :D Just kidding...feel better soon!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I went to the ER last night with serious chest pain, my blood pressure was 157/99. I've been admitted. It's still high, but my cardiac enzymes and EKG are normal.

I just returned from a stress test and am awaiting results.

"G" Are you under stress, short term or long term? Like being a worried mother, dealing with a start up business, or dealing with being a landlord?

"G" Bob never asked me back even in jest. ;)

Get better,soon, Georgia. (157/99 is not too alarming, btw. It could be that elevated from normal stress, like kids, or being a mod. Hopefully, they'll figure it out soon...)

"G" have them run the tests and make sure. Check your BP your self when you get out in the morning and evening to see if it is high before or after sleep. Track it and let your doctor know. More data should be good for him.

Stay relaxed and breath in and out slowly. Get well soon. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll avoid the reflex to start asking detailed questions and just say you're in our thoughts and hope everything turns out well for you.

Later, I'll expect to see copies of your EKG, lab work, stress test and imaging posted here. ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get better soon! is it watching the Olympics that's doing it lol?

images

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OHkizay! EKGs are normal, cardiac enzymes normal. Stress test and nuclear imaging showed no ischemia and no blockages. Heart and vessels are working great. Won't get the results on lipids back for a few days. So ... follow-up with primary about digestion, I'm thinking, and probably anxiety. Fun stuff.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OHkizay! EKGs are normal, cardiac enzymes normal. Stress test and nuclear imaging showed no ischemia and no blockages. Heart and vessels are working great. Won't get the results on lipids back for a few days. So ... follow-up with primary about digestion, I'm thinking, and probably anxiety. Fun stuff.

Exellent news, G. GERD is certainly preferable to CAD. :D

I think Bob is causing your anxiety. Stop it, Bob!

Obligatory self-defense content:
View attachment 17071

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Was worried when I read the OP, Georgia, so I am glad to hear that there is at least some good news that has come to you quite quickly - finding out what something is not, especially scary things, helps cut down on the 'fret load'.

Am dealing with another round of evil ailments with both my mother and my missus's mother too this time and am considering declaring a ban on people close to me getting ill :lol:.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!

I'm very glad the ticker is tocking in good form! I eat my share of cheeseburgers (which will be a more scarce occurrence from here on in) and am overweight, so ... I'll save the "PHEW" for when my lipid results come back.

I made the follow-up appointment and am going to schedule a procedure to reduce my monthly bleeding (should help abate the anemia). Looking up the GERD eating plan now. You know, just in case.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Back about 2003 (part of why I started taking martial arts, BTW), I was having stress induced anxiety attacks. I actually went to the doctor with chest pains one time. It was one of those cycles where I would stress out, which would cause chest pain, which would trigger more anxiety, and so on... My EKG was one of those where it was... normal, but there were some anomalies that weren't "uncommon." The cardiac enzymes came back "a little" elevated, which is also not uncommon, but combined with the slightly off EKG, they ended up doing an angiogram (or whatever that thing is where they check out your arteries through your thigh). Needless to say, my anxiety shot through the roof at this point. Interestingly enough, my brother actually had a heart attack at 39 years old... so, it's in the family.

Ultimately, though, in my case, it was a false alarm. I addressed my diet, got into martial arts, eventually found BJJ, lost weight, reduced my stress level and learned a lot about my body and overall health.

All of that just to say, get well soon! I know exactly what you're going through.

Latest Discussions