I finally finished my book

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!! I'd love to read a copy as well, for free or for pay. Really looking forward to it :)

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well after five long years I finally finished my book. It is basically about my journey thoughout TKD over the last 30 plus years. It includes ITF, KKW and WTF and what it took to transition though each one. It includes every single Master or Grand Master I personally trained under, lets just say it includes the good, the bad and the ugly. It is being proofed and should be ready for production by January. The title is The ups and downs of Tae Kwon Do remember this is about my journey and what I have seen happen to TKD over the years, I am not going to sell it but I will send everyone that wants a copy to them for free.

It feel wierd finally finishing a book and believe me when I say it has been like pulling teeth with some of it. I have been ask not to put this or that in it because it may offend some people but I really do not care, it is all there for people to read and voice there opinions whether good or bad.
icon10.gif

I'd love a copy! And would be happy to review it! And I'd pay for it!!

You should charge SOMETHING for it, even if only a little.

Everyone has a book inside of them, and that book is a great source of residual income. Charge for it, to cover production cost, and so you get an income source out of it! People will buy it, as you have seen in the post here!!

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry, congratulations on completing the work. I too would like to read it and would pay for the privilege. Please let us know when it is available and in what format. I suspect you'll need to at least cover printing and shipping costs if you go with paper copy.

Carl

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is awesome Terry! Congratulations! :asian:

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well after five long years I finally finished my book. It is basically about my journey thoughout TKD over the last 30 plus years. It includes ITF, KKW and WTF and what it took to transition though each one. It includes every single Master or Grand Master I personally trained under, lets just say it includes the good, the bad and the ugly. It is being proofed and should be ready for production by January. The title is The ups and downs of Tae Kwon Do remember this is about my journey and what I have seen happen to TKD over the years, I am not going to sell it but I will send everyone that wants a copy to them for free.

It feel wierd finally finishing a book and believe me when I say it has been like pulling teeth with some of it. I have been ask not to put this or that in it because it may offend some people but I really do not care, it is all there for people to read and voice there opinions whether good or bad.
icon10.gif
Most excellent, Sir!! I would be honored to receive a copy (bows). And I'd pay as well.

Daniel

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll happily convert it to Mobipocket (for Amazon Kindles) and ePub (for Apple iPads) if you want Terry.

Also, if you do that you can then self-publish on Amazon.com and the Apple iBookstore - you get more per copy sold than if you sold paper books and with no initial outlay. All you need is to be in the US and have a social security number (I believe - I'm not US based so I have to go through an intermediary).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, you guys won't let him give it away! :lol::bangahead:

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats.

I dont likes reedin, but would gladly stares at it when its ready.

but sceriously, I'm confused on getting a book published, thats not for sale? how do you cover the publishing costs?

You should sell....

sell mortimer sell...

Now if I ever wrote a book about my life, it would be.... straight outta comic book mannn... and probably only enough to make a comic book.

Best of luck and congrats on the accomplishment.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I guess I will have to break down and buy that kindle yet.

I am still in awe how you can be here, train, teach and write...

:ubercool::ubercool::ubercool:

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess I will have to break down and buy that kindle yet.

I am still in awe how you can be here, train, teach and write...

:ubercool::ubercool::ubercool:

Well lets see I spend 12-15 hours a day at my school, during the slow hours I train and get on the computer as far as writing goes it took me five years to do this and it is about my journey most people would have this done in a few months I have been told so I am slow. I only teach three classes a day, my wife and other BB teach the rest of them. One thing you forgot is all the tournaments we do as well. If you are commited it can be done.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well lets see I spend 12-15 hours a day at my school, during the slow hours I train and get on the computer as far as writing goes it took me five years to do this and it is about my journey most people would have this done in a few months I have been told so I am slow. I only teach three classes a day, my wife and other BB teach the rest of them. One thing you forgot is all the tournaments we do as well. If you are commited it can be done.

LOL, rub it in that I can't even write 1666 words a day on my self imposed NaNoWriMo project! :lol:

But in all seriousness, that is awesome! I mean, it's a lifetime journey, what's 5 years putting it together, on top of still traveling! :cheers:

I am looking forward to reading it. And I am, too, in the corner of 'don't just give it away' especially when you bother to put it in print! :asian:

Latest Discussions