I finally finished my book

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well after five long years I finally finished my book. It is basically about my journey thoughout TKD over the last 30 plus years. It includes ITF, KKW and WTF and what it took to transition though each one. It includes every single Master or Grand Master I personally trained under, lets just say it includes the good, the bad and the ugly. It is being proofed and should be ready for production by January. The title is The ups and downs of Tae Kwon Do remember this is about my journey and what I have seen happen to TKD over the years, I am not going to sell it but I will send everyone that wants a copy to them for free.

It feel wierd finally finishing a book and believe me when I say it has been like pulling teeth with some of it. I have been ask not to put this or that in it because it may offend some people but I really do not care, it is all there for people to read and voice there opinions whether good or bad.
icon10.gif

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Put it on Google Docs for free downloading. Won't cost you a cent and it'll make your book widely available.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well if it is not for sell then who cares. As you said it is for you and about your journey. Congrats.

Oh yeah, and I will take a copy too.
icon10.gif

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Put it on Google Docs for free downloading. Won't cost you a cent and it'll make your book widely available.

dancingalone I would like to send it to you and can you put it on google for me. As most people know my computer skills are limited only by my age and the lack of not wanting to know how to do it.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congrats Terry! I'm still working on mine, I've been working on it about 5 years now myself.. .

I'd love to read it!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well if it is not for sell then who cares. As you said it is for you and about your journey. Congrats.

Well ATC I see value you in it and my family will too, but I thought maybe some people would enjoy looking at a journey that has gone on for Forty Seven years and they way I see things. I know I should sell it but that would not be me if I did.

Oh yeah, and I will take a copy too.
icon10.gif

The person proofing everything said it will be done by January and as soon as it is done it will be sent out to all who would love to see it.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dancingalone I would like to send it to you and can you put it on google for me. As most people know my computer skills are limited only by my age and the lack of not wanting to know how to do it.

Sure, I'd be glad to help. leopardfist [at] gmail.com is my email address.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Terry! I'm still working on mine, I've been working on it about 5 years now myself.. .

I'd love to read it!

Well it is a small world, I would love to read yours when it is finished. Is'nt it amazing how long something takes when it is a part time gig.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well after five long years I finally finished my book. It is basically about my journey thoughout TKD over the last 30 plus years. It includes ITF, KKW and WTF and what it took to transition though each one. It includes every single Master or Grand Master I personally trained under, lets just say it includes the good, the bad and the ugly. It is being proofed and should be ready for production by January. The title is The ups and downs of Tae Kwon Do remember this is about my journey and what I have seen happen to TKD over the years, I am not going to sell it but I will send everyone that wants a copy to them for free.

It feel wierd finally finishing a book and believe me when I say it has been like pulling teeth with some of it. I have been ask not to put this or that in it because it may offend some people but I really do not care, it is all there for people to read and voice there opinions whether good or bad.
icon10.gif

Mi amigo, me gustaria obtener una copia de tu libro, me parece interesante leer sobre ti, tu vida y tu tae kwon do, podrias incluirme en tu lista de amigos a los cuales enviarias una coia de tu libro?

Tranlation: My dera friend, I would like to obtain a copy of your book, it seems quite interestig read about you, your life and your tae kwon do, would you include me in the list of your friends whom you'd delivering one copy of your book?

Manny

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, writing can be very difficult at times and finishing a book is an accomplishment. I'd be very interested in getting a copy when it's ready. Are you planning on hard copies or pdf's?

Pax,

Chris

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Even though I believe the title should have been

"Confessions of a Martial Talk Ultimate Post Whore Extreme" :D

I am happy you finished and I would love a copy, free or for sale.

Congratulations terry :asian:

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Even though I believe the title should have been

"Confessions of a Martial Talk Ultimate Post Whore Extreme" :D

I am happy you finished and I would love a copy, free or for sale.

Congratulations terry :asian:

Xue I almost made that title but the better half did not aprove it. Sorry

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terry -- give your book away to whomever you want to, but with the effort and time you put into it, why not at least put it up on Smashwords for a few bucks a copy? Here's some info from Steve Perry's blog.

What they heck, you get a couple of bucks you can roll into the dojang or take the missus out with...

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score

icon10.gif

Very cool Terry. I'd love to read a copy. :) congrats on finishing such a monumental endeavor.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratultions terry, and definetely count me in for a copy, Id love to have a read especially being on the other side of the world it will give me a new perspective on tkd.

Latest Discussions