I am an Aunt again! Times 4!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This has been "in the works" for awhile, but now everything is official.

I used to be the aunt of one niece and one nephew. I am now the aunt of two nieces and four nephews! Wow!

My sister and her husband have adopted 3 boys and 1 girl. The four are a sibling unit, but they were split up when they went in to foster care. My sis adopted the lot of them! They were in foster homes in Houston, Texas, but now they are all home on my sister's farm. Youngest is my new niece, who is 6. My new nephews are 8, 11, and 13.

I have talked to all of them on the phone but have not met them yet. We are trying not to overwhelm them. The kids are going through a lot of adjustments, going from the streets of Houston to rural North Carolina. As one might expect, they have not had enough attention paid to them with regard to their diet, medical care, or emotional needs so as a family we hope to all work together to help build some better changes in to the children's lives, but to not change things so quickly that they cannot manage.

Its really neat for me, because chose to not have any children of my own...but now I've gone from having an extended family to having a large extended family!

I just wanted to share with everyone. :D

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations that is awesome!
icon14.gif

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats and tell your sister wow they are just awesome for doing that.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Awesome indeed. :asian:

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations Carol, and contratulations to your sister as well, it takes a special person to take in 4 strangers and make them family.:asian:

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations! Your sis is a true hero.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She's got more patience than I do, that's for sure. :D

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to both you and your sister's family. As has been said, she is a true hero. Kudos. :asian:

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Outstanding! Your sister did a wonderful thing and congratulations on having 4 more kids to spoil. :) After all, that's what aunts and uncles are for. LOL

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your family, and good luck. I'm sure it will be challenging but rewarding

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That is so very cool Carol! I just started reconnecting with my extended family and found that one of my cousins adopted 4 kids as well. The also started out fostering with the end goal of adoption. It takes a very special person and/or couple to bring a child with outside life experiences, some negative, into thier homes. I hope the love, the time in nature, and the patience and support of your family will help these kids live the lives they should have had from the beginning!

YAY!!!

Latest Discussions