OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To be honest, I think there may be even more pain and mistrust from a deadbeat parent. Adopted kids get a clean break with a new family. However the child of a deadbeat parent gets intermittent reminders that they are there, but won't take the actions required to care for their child.

Not to say adoption is easy, but make no mistake -- having a biological child is no guarantee that the parent will have zero trust issues with said child, especially if divorce or abuse become involved.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To be honest, I think there may be even more pain and mistrust from a deadbeat parent. Adopted kids get a clean break with a new family. However the child of a deadbeat parent gets intermittent reminders that they are there, but won't take the actions required to care for their child.

Not to say adoption is easy, but make no mistake -- having a biological child is no guarantee that the parent will have zero trust issues with said child, especially if divorce or abuse become involved.

In one of the schools i'm teaching in right now, it would break your heart to hear some of the poverty and abuse stories some of these little guys go through. Out of the blue they hug you, cuddle into you and tell you crap that goes on at home.

Most of the parents are caring and loving but some of the others...why do these people even have children??? It breaks my heart to hear of 5 and 6 year olds going through hell at home, many would be better off with people who will honestly love them.

Later in life, its all they've learned, its all they know, so guess how they raise there own children? And so it goes on and on.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And come to think of it, I don't think karate cares about whether you're gay, straight, black, white, dog-owner, cat-owned, who your parents are, or where you came from.

WTF????!!!
You own a gay cat???!!!!
Blasphemy!! There's a special place in hell for all owners of gay cats....heathen!!
:)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WTF????!!!
You own a gay cat???!!!!
Blasphemy!! There's a special place in hell for all owners of gay cats....heathen!!
:)

Oh yeah??

It will be a cold day in Hell!!!!! :lol2:

Attachments

• $hell weather.png
    $hell weather.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 108

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to the famous words "you can't tell me what to do, your not my real dad". And to be honest, I don't know how I will respond to that. I know it will break my heart.

Funny you should say that, I tried that exact line when things were not going my way.

My father sat me down and said" You know.....I fed you, I bathed you, I healed you, I hugged you, I cried for you, I got mad at you, I worried about you, I protected you...so...I may not be your "real dad" however, in doing all those things I am and always will be.......your father ......Do not ever forget that"

Michael

Latest Discussions