how to change belt?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
??? If you practice you're skill will improve when you are ready to be promoted your instructor will either tell you or test you (or both)

OP
Marial Arts

Marial Arts

White Belt
Reaction score
??? If you practice you're skill will improve when you are ready to be promoted your instructor will either tell you or test you (or both)

no i mean the belt here at martial talk . .

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Like shadowchaser said, the more posts the higher the belt, I think the first change is maybe 20-25 posts yellow belt. After you reach the post minimum all of your posts will show that belt

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
For changing the belt here in martial talk, as previous posters said, once you make enough posts your belt color changes so your belt color in Martial Talk is directly proportional to the number of posts you make.

As for changing your belt color in martial arts, that is done through hard work and smart work and by listening to your instructor and doing what your instructor says. And if your unclear about something you should ask your instructor, a good teacher accepts questions.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
As in training the color of the belt is unimportant.
Just post with a good attitude and in time the color will change on its own.

Whether or not the color of the belt is important in training depends on the goals and desires of the student. For some people belt color isn't important, they go into the martial arts for other reasons.

As for belt color here, its based on how many posts you make but you don't necessarily need a good attitude you just need to make enough posts and your belt color changes, at least from what I know that's how the system in martialtalk works.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whether or not the color of the belt is important in training depends on the goals and desires of the student. For some people belt color isn't important, they go into the martial arts for other reasons.
When I have a new prospective student something I do during our sign up process is have a Black Belt present. During the discussion of 'goals' and the processes to achieve them I hand the belt to prospect saying, "if your goal is to get a black belt, here it is; the goal is done. However, If one of your goals in training with us is to Earn a black belt then it is going to take a lot of time, work, humility, & patience. The color of your belt doesn't matter; What does is your being attentive, being respectful, putting forth your best effort at all times, maintaining an attitude of positiveness, being a great training partner, and never giving up. The color will come as your skills, knowledge, and attitude of making your training partners better grows. For you see it isn't about you it is about you being the best student you can be. In time you will be an outstanding martial artist.

As for belt color here, its based on how many posts you make but you don't necessarily need a good attitude you just need to make enough posts and your belt color changes, at least from what I know that's how the system in martialtalk works.
Without a good attitude you can make a lot of posts but others here may not have much to discuss with you. If the attitude is bad enough you may lose your privilege to post anything here.
A good attitude, good communication, and an openness to other opinions will help carry one much further in life.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without a good attitude you can make a lot of posts but others here may not have much to discuss with you. If the attitude is bad enough you may lose your privilege to post anything here.
A good attitude, good communication, and an openness to other opinions will help carry one much further in life.

This site in fact has helped me tremendously with you're assertion. Personally I struggle sometimes and end up being too forthright. Good advice!

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have no idea how to change my belts, so I just wrap every new one around my waist on top of the previous one.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I have a new prospective student something I do during our sign up process is have a Black Belt present. During the discussion of 'goals' and the processes to achieve them I hand the belt to prospect saying, "if your goal is to get a black belt, here it is; the goal is done. However, If one of your goals in training with us is to Earn a black belt then it is going to take a lot of time, work, humility, & patience. The color of your belt doesn't matter; What does is your being attentive, being respectful, putting forth your best effort at all times, maintaining an attitude of positiveness, being a great training partner, and never giving up. The color will come as your skills, knowledge, and attitude of making your training partners better grows. For you see it isn't about you it is about you being the best student you can be. In time you will be an outstanding martial artist.

I agree. And that's why I would not take the black belt during your interview process if I was to sign up at your place.

As long as you follow the forum rules you can post. You can have a bad attitude but you can still post here if you don't break any of the rules, it doesn't matter if people will discuss stuff with you. If you rack up enough posts you go up a belt on the forum, from what I know that's how the system works here. Not that I take the belt system here seriously. Its just something fancy to put in considering this is a martial arts forum. I do agree with good communication though, and if you ask me communication is of utmost importance if you're going to teach martial arts or anything else.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The belt system here at Martial Talk is a counter. Nothing more. You post, your count goes up, your belt changes. That's it. Nothing remotely serious about it.

Good communication and good posting will result in your THANKS and REP going up. If other members think your posts are good, helpful, informative and accurate, you'll be thanked and given positive rep. If not, you won't be thanked, and/or you'll get negative rep.

In short, the belt is merely an indicator of how much you post. The THANKS and (especially) the REP system are an iindicator of the quality of those posts.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wrong

Latest Discussions