How many and differances in Shaolin Kempo

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow that is interesting...She must have NOT really done any research on the org.

I guess, though if you go to ussd's website they have a video in which Cynthia Rothrock promotes ussd.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
:erg:

A real Kung Fu stylist and former Champion of it, promoting....well...something less than? Must be a signifcant monetary value linked. Maybe tha't why they charge so much for everything? They have to afford a star like her.

Seriously, it just doesn't fit.

Have to edit here, just read the interview, all I say is WOW!

dianhsuhe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Joe- Her promoting a system that she is linked to via her reputation and her money makes sense, her actual ties to the org. and reasons for choosing them do NOT make sense (to me).

Maybe she will make some money on her investment or partnership or whatever but I would bet that is ALL it is. I always liked her but McDojo+ "B" movie Action Starlette=$$

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't know why Cynthia Rothrock is promoting ussd, I just know she is and if you go to her official website there is a picture of her with Steve Demasco, and another one of her wearing a ussd uniform. To be honest though I'm sure $ has something to do with it.

IRO-Bot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't know why Cynthia Rothrock is promoting ussd, I just know she is and if you go to her official website there is a picture of her with Steve Demasco, and another one of her wearing a ussd uniform. To be honest though I'm sure $ has something to do with it.

Money and recognition for her, money and recognition for USSD.
It's a win-win situation for them.
To be completely honest, I didn't know who Cynthia Rothrock was before I joined United Studios.
In having read the interview, it's obvious she doesn't know anything about United Studios. Nothing. Her rank is probably completely honorary... Given only because of who she is. How she has her own school is well beyond me.

I can only imagine what would happen if someone like Jackie Chan or Jet Li joined USSD!

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dianhsuhe, their hole history is a con, do you notice they call everything they can "Ch'uan Fa" so they can "trace" it back to the shaolin temple. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but it looks like they just reprinting USSD's old history line. USSD has revised thier's to inlcude Empardo and Gascon, but still leave out Villari.

Actually, pretty much. about 90% of the history looks like it's straight out of the USSD manual, with some information removed and other inforation added in.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Money and recognition for her, money and recognition for USSD.
It's a win-win situation for them.
To be completely honest, I didn't know who Cynthia Rothrock was before I joined United Studios.
In having read the interview, it's obvious she doesn't know anything about United Studios. Nothing. Her rank is probably completely honorary... Given only because of who she is. How she has her own school is well beyond me.

I can only imagine what would happen if someone like Jackie Chan or Jet Li joined USSD!

Likely, their motives would also be questioned.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else here is aware of this, but yesterday I learned that former Welterweight champion Sugar Ray Leonard is learning martial arts at ussd.

almost a ghost

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else here is aware of this, but yesterday I learned that former Welterweight champion Sugar Ray Leonard is learning martial arts at ussd.

That news is about 10 years old now (damn, I'm getting old!). There was an article about it in one of the martial arts magazines. Can't remember if it was Inside Kung Fu or Black Belt Magazine, but I'm pretty sure it was one of those.

almost a ghost

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Actually, pretty much. about 90% of the history looks like it's straight out of the USSD manual, with some information removed and other inforation added in.

How recent is your manual? The one I have was printed 14 years ago, and the history information from shaolinarts.com is pretty much a carbon copy. Just replaced Mattera with their studios head instructor.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Maybe old news to everyone else but it's news to me. I had no idea Sugar Ray Leonard was involved with ussd.

IRO-Bot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
How recent is your manual? The one I have was printed 14 years ago, and the history information from shaolinarts.com is pretty much a carbon copy. Just replaced Mattera with their studios head instructor.

I was looking over the stuff on that website, laughing to myself as I read all of the stuff. It is practically United Studios under a different name. There are some slight differences, but not much.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Now they just need a monument at the Shaolin Temple.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'snt there another monument at the Shaolin Temple for some other organization? I thought there was but I could be mistaken.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You seem really against ussd. I don't agree with some of the stuff they do either, but I'm not antagonistic towards them either, and I like the style they teach.

Latest Discussions