How many and differances in Shaolin Kempo

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It was great, I had room/board while I got my GED, HS Diploma, a technical trade, and they paid for my first year of college. Family did have much money, so without Job Corps I don't know how I would have gone to college.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Hand Sword, I appreciate that. Now that your not doing SKK, what style are you learning?

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There is a Martial Arts Festival in Disneyland in February of 06 that I'm planning on going to. On the form it asks what style of ma I practice and I'm not sure what to put down, Karate, American Kenpo, or Kajukenbo cause I'm pretty sure it's not traditional Chinese Kung Fu like my instructor thinks. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

almost a ghost

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There is a Martial Arts Festival in Disneyland in February of 06 that I'm planning on going to. On the form it asks what style of ma I practice and I'm not sure what to put down, Karate, American Kenpo, or Kajukenbo cause I'm pretty sure it's not traditional Chinese Kung Fu like my instructor thinks. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

I'd put down Kempo Karate. Neutral, but correct.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My options are:
American Kenpo
Classical Karate
Traditional Kung Fu
Judo
Tae Kwon Do
Savate Filipino MA
Kajukenbo
Open Karate
Brazilian Jujitsu
Jujitsu
I've narrowed it down to American Kenpo, Kajukenbo, or open karate.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I figured it wouldn't be American Kenpo, thanks Handsword I'll send in the forms for open karate. The festival should be great besides the competion Ed Parker Jr is doing a clinic and there is a fastest punch competion open to all participants.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm taking a camera, hopefully they let me film it, if not I'll still enjoy the clinic and share the experience here.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My options are:
American Kenpo
Classical Karate
Traditional Kung Fu
Judo
Tae Kwon Do
Savate Filipino MA
Kajukenbo
Open Karate
Brazilian Jujitsu
Jujitsu
I've narrowed it down to American Kenpo, Kajukenbo, or open karate.

if these are different divisions of the tournament they may have different rules for the sparring matches. You might want to look at those rules to decide which most closely matches the type of sparring you have trained for.

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hand Sword- That's out of respect to an honorable person! Too bad that is lacking in this world now, especially in the MA world, where Honor and Respect are supposedly taught.

I respect my instructor, a few months ago I was going through some rough waters and the guy never heckled me for money but instead took the time to listen and be a friend. Even if I leave ussd later on I'll won't forget his kindness. That's why I'm honoring our verbal agreement. Problem is my instructor charges me less than he does the other students and he told me the higher ups accepted it but that once the two years are up I have to pay what the other students pay which is upwards of $200/month. No way I can afford that so that's why I'll probably leave when my two years are up.

Hey joe,
I found a villari-ussd breakoff in utah www.shaolinarts.com
I bet their a lot cheaper than ussd.

Latest Discussions