How do you rate this jeans and boots roundhouse kick?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And here is the very solid reference used
_20210402_171649.JPG

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, mr Wing Chun/MMA. I'm sure you know the parameters of ITF TaeKwondo:rolleyes:. Can you even get your leg up passed your johnson?
I understand mechanics and power generation. And this ain't it.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
And here is the very solid reference used
View attachment 23744
Yes. Notice where the rear foot is pointed. Notice the heel is forward. That's a side thrust kick.

A round kick will impact with the instep or the shin, which is why the toes are pointed in line with the shin, not perpendicular to it, unless you like broken toes.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes. Notice where the rear foot is pointed. Notice the heel is forward. That's a side thrust kick.

A round kick will impact with the instep or the shin, which is why the toes are pointed in line with the shin, not perpendicular to it, unless you like broken toes.

No it's for the roundhouse kick you dummy.

Screenshot_20210406-162625.png

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, Wing Chun people do very well in TKD competitions.
I did start out with wing chun, sure. Like many tma guys I realized traditional systems don't cut it for live exchange though. It's a whole different world when the other guy fights back.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ok then, prove it and shut me up. Let's see you kick a bag with your amazing technique and generate anything resembling speed power or mechanics.

I can throw a bomb on a kicking shield with a soccer kick. Power doesn't prove anything. Power is innate.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But if I throw a soccer kick in sparring, I will end up banging on a shoulder. This is why we work on flexibility/form to go around the target. To make the hips rubbery.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Side kick or roundhouse kick? Hands behind my back for full clarity

I have no faith in the Wing Chun fellow who failed 2 out of 2 but @Dirty Dog and Kempo must pass this, or I am out of this members in motion
_20210406_195514.JPG

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
is the story about him lifting up Muhammed Ali true?

You don't regularly hear about powerlifters making great martial artists, but IF they do make that transition and have a knack for it... hold on to your hat...

Ali was training in L.A, (Olympic Auditorium I think ) for the Inoki farce. He had a press conference promoting the fight. Joe was there. There were questions and answers and Joe asked him a "what would you do" question.

Joe picked him up with a fireman's carry and placed him on his back. Twice. But they were just messing around. But to your power lifting statement, I do remember reading that Ali said to him, "You must have done a lot of lifting when you were younger." And Joe did, he was a workout fanatic.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ali was training in L.A, (Olympic Auditorium I think ) for the Inoki farce. He had a press conference promoting the fight. Joe was there. There were questions and answers and Joe asked him a "what would you do" question.

Joe picked him up with a fireman's carry and placed him on his back. Twice. But they were just messing around. But to your power lifting statement, I do remember reading that Ali said to him, "You must have done a lot of lifting when you were younger." And Joe did, he was a workout fanatic.

What was the feud he had with Bruce Lee about? Joe was supposed to play Chuck Norris's role.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nope... thats why I do foot sweeps... I need the clearance.

I lost all motivation for kick heights once I quit sparring. I would never use it for self defense and I feel better in-tune with my body at mid or high mid section. Since it's the same technique, all I'm doing is training safer on my body. Who cares about heights..

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I have no faith in the Wing Chun fellow who failed 2 out of 2 but @Dirty Dog and Kempo must pass this, or I am out of this members in motionView attachment 23748
Just for fun, roundhouse. Although personally the planted foot should have its heel up a bit at that point in time, though that may be a stylistic difference.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OMG... 10 PAGES!?!?!? too funny. I'm going to post a picture of me holding out a Jab and I'm going to be like "Perfect jab.. You never seen anything so perfect." lol.. please throw gas on this thread, light it, and let the wind carry the ashes away.

Freaking #195 posts lol

Just for fun, roundhouse. Although personally the planted foot should have its heel up a bit at that point in time, though that may be a stylistic difference.
Just for fun?!?!? you know better ha ha ha.

or I am out of this members in motion
And then this? ha ha ha.. is that a promise? lol.

Yall are silly.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have no faith in the Wing Chun fellow who failed 2 out of 2 but @Dirty Dog and Kempo must pass this, or I am out of this members in motion

Too much lean for such a low kick. And you still need to learn how to make your bed.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But if I throw a soccer kick in sparring, I will end up banging on a shoulder. This is why we work on flexibility/form to go around the target. To make the hips rubbery.

Throw a right hand right soccer kick. If they are the kind of person who likes to slip punches you will basically kill the guy.

Latest Discussions