Health and Weight update

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well here is an update on my journey, from 327 lbs. to 259 lbs.
My health is bad by all my doctors had new stints put in two of my valves but need to have them replace.
My kidneys are not working great and keep forming kidney stones just about every six weeks.
My lungs are completely shot between the lung desease they also say I have COPD.
I need knee replacement on the left leg so looking toward November for that.

They gave me a permant Handicap tag for all my cars but really do not want to use them. Was told to exorcise in small routine four or five time a day.

I only have a another 94 lbs to be at 165 where I was when I was thirty so I am working on it. The hardest part is the support groups. Sometimes I wish I was not going but my core of doctor agree I need it. So here is my update anybody else wants to share?

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good Luck and just keep chipping away Terry! 327 to 259 was no easy task to say the least!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh man. That's a rough haul. Sounds like you're doing great with your weight loss. Listen to your doctors and keep us posted!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've actually made impressive progress, Terry. It's easy to lose sight of that when you look at all the issues that you're still dealing with -- but it's the truth. In the last year, I've probably lost the same 70 lbs or so -- in 10 lb increments that I almost immediately regained.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, and congrats on the impressive progress. It may not be tactful to say, but keep fighting because your life is on the line. The healthier you are the longer you last. Good luck.

Carl

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome job so far sir. Keep it up. I talked to a guy that had a few issues and he just started to walk everyday. He got up to walking 10 miles everyday and when he went back to the doctors they could not believe the results. Most of what was wrong with him was gone and he said that the walking even healed his knee problem. He stated that the docs never seen anything like it, and he feels great. So you may be able to turn around many of your setbacks, so keep at it. You don't need to do much, just eat less and move more (walk) and you may be back in no time.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
seriously big prayers and wishes for strength and courage..x

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They gave me a permant Handicap tag for all my cars but really do not want to use them.

First, I applaud you for this statement! Too many people, many of which don't have a disability that limits mobility, rely on the handicap placard just so they don't have to walk an extra few steps. You on the other hand have a great attitude and a lot of fight in you. Big thumbs up.

Secondly, well done on the progress you've made thus far, that is quite a change. The body has an amazing ability to self-heal when given the proper nutrition and exercise plan. You've have definitely made vast strides in the right direction, which will allow your body to start repairing itself. Keep up the motivation, look towards the goal(s) and know that you will overcome. The more weight you lose, the better you'll feel and the more you'll be able to accomplish.

Well done. :)

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know you're working hard, Terry. I'm in your corner & I'm praying for you, my friend!

Keep up the good work & keep listening to the doctors.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Terry, I'm very glad to hear you're progressing so nicely! Keep up the good work! On a side note, I can't help to point out the typo (or maybe not?)... .

Was told to exorcise in small routine four or five time a day.

Are you Catholic? Do they think demons are the route of your health problems? Are you expelling said demons? :uhyeah:

Seriously, though, I'm glad you're working hard to make a change in your health, we wouldn't know what to do without our post whore extreme!

bugatabugata

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Keep at it, buddy! In between all the hard work you've been putting in (as evidenced by the weight loss -- 70 lbs. is a big deal) and the marvels of modern medicine, you should be almost as good as new before long! I've known tons of people who've battled heart disease and have made it through just fine. [Don't know much about the rest of the stuff, but it has to be mostly fixable.]

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Great job, Terry! Keep at it. You've certainly got a lot of challenges, but that will just make it that much sweeter when you conquer them!

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am with you Terry my weight loss is not to dramatic like the one you have had but I want to keep going and reach the 95 kilos goal (210 punds), you encourage me to keep going and yes walking can be a part of my weight loss, I am going to dojang two night per week and want to walk two nights per week to add to my tkd classes.

I had a n improvement I droped from 44-46 size (pants) to 40-42 size and want to go down to 38-40 I know I can but I will neeed to work seriusly like you are doing it.

Manny

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, terry, it always helps to be encouraged by people that care. One big step to take is shedding the extra pounds, which you are doing a great job at. Hang in buddy were all thinking of you, and hoping the best for you................

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have battled weight gain all my life. I didn't get as high as you, but 220 pounds on me didn't look or feel good. I got diabetes and now have to take pills for that, as well as for my heart problems. But I have gotten my weight down a good bit, and am still working on it. If people tell you it is easy, you and I, and some others here know it isn't. But we all became martial artists, and that wasn't easy either. It took commitment and hard work. Just what you are doing now.

Hang tough! Keep it up.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry I strongly recomend China Slim Tea by Tea Pot Brand all natural no caffeine steep one bag and drink once a day after your morning meal it says FEC Ginseng and Marine Products LA CA 90012 on package.

boy it makes a real difference on your digestion and helps get rid of the hardest fat intestinal keep up support I thought you were a 30 something gung ho in shap guy?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry I strongly recomend China Slim Tea by Tea Pot Brand all natural no caffeine steep one bag and drink once a day after your morning meal it says FEC Ginseng and Marine Products LA CA 90012 on package.

boy it makes a real difference on your digestion and helps get rid of the hardest fat intestinal keep up support I thought you were a 30 something gung ho in shap guy?

No I wish I was thirty again and I am in shape it is more round than I want. JK:)

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Keep up the positive attitude it is the best medicine...you have allot of thing to be proud of....most notable...that great family

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been away for awhile and sorry to read about your health problems, Mr. Stoker. You've had great success so far dealing with the weight. Keep up the good work!
Best regards to you and your family.