Happy Happy Joy Joy

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My biggest concern is limping... I HATE LIMPING!!!!! :angry:

But this is giving me time to think about my MA training and "listen" to what my sifu is trying to tell me about training and when this damn foot is better things will be different.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score

DayStar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Virtually none...but I could take this time to work on the Didgeridoo and, believe it or not, I am serious about that
My sister have a Didgeridoo. She rarely plays it because she's a mother of three kids. I do not know if it is hard it play it but I know she can play a bit, and she wants to pratice more with it.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Limping is a style known as Pimp Limp,gangsta walk,B-Boy limp:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pimp+limp

Haha here is your theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3UnaIIUwa4&feature=fvw

The walk is done with a limp like drag kinda of like if you got shot in the leg it is or was a popular method of walking if you were in a gang or wannabe gangsta. Keep it real. :)

OK The song is now MINE!!!! But I can't limp that way it hurts my DAMN foot :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My sister have a Didgeridoo. She rarely plays it because she's a mother of three kids. I do not know if it is hard it play it but I know she can play a bit, and she wants to pratice more with it.

I'm a newb at it but the circular breathing is the hard part as far as I can tell.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The stairs my Arch nemesis!! It got you too!! When will the world realize that stairs are the downfall of mankind. Our only hope of salvation are elevators I pray it is not to late.....

I don't like stairs OR elevators. I sprained an ankle falling down stairs, and sprained a foot kicking an elevator (don't ask.) Teleporters are the way to go, IMO.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well things are getting better, I was actually able to start doing the entire long form again last week and I am walking without limping 75% of the time. But every now and then it comes back to remind me.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Take it easy my friend. It's advice I often have trouble taking myself but there is much more sense in working with the injury co-operatively than pushing faster than your body is ready to let you go.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Foots better...but

rasen frasen flarn filthen scrab nabbit

I severely strained my damn knee and I am now walking with a (insert expletive) cane and wearing a knee brace. I did it crawling around an attic on my knees pulling out boxes and then I finished off by..... Mowing the damn lawn..... jeeeeeez I'm old

Well at least I am equal opportunity injurer of myself...it’s the other leg

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
At least now this gives time to explore the SD applications of Tai chi cane. :D

Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Peace,
Erik

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
holy crap! how did i miss this thread!? i'm really sorry to hear that tim. and now your knee on top of it!? :( i guess you've been pushing it huh? ;) bad boy! take care. *hugs*

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It’s official.... I'm an idiot

ONCE again I apparently thought I knew more than a Doctor.

I was supposed to be taking it easy and walking with a cane....

BUT I bought a new house and there are things that needed to be done and as I lifted the trashcan with wet leaves I thought this might not be a good idea.... 4 steps later a felt a pop pop in the back of my knee and then got acquainted with my garage floor.... now I can't walk without crutches and I go get to see my bone doc tomorrow and admit I'm and idiot.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

BUT I bought a new house and there are things that needed to be done and as I lifted the trashcan with wet leaves I thought this might not be a good idea.... 4 steps later a felt a pop pop in the back of my knee and then got acquainted with my garage floor.... now I can't walk without crutches and I go get to see my bone doc tomorrow and admit I'm and idiot.

*shakes head* Now stop that Xue! I know it's not easy, and I have a hard time practicing what I preach here, but TAKE IT EASY!!!!! That's an order. ;)

Good luck with the ortho. Please keep us posted.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that Xue. Rest up, get better and hopefully it is nothing major!

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have you considered 4 point restraints for a month or two? :D Just kidding. Seriously though, you gotta figfure out a way to slow yourself down. What needs doing will still need doping lter and it don't ned to be fixed today. Hell, if it does...that's what sub-contractors are for :)

Get better Xue. good luck at the Dr's.

Peace,
Erik

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Stretched ligaments, swelling and a small spur under the knee cap.

Crutches, stay off it, ice and next Tuesday possibly a cortisone shot. But tonight and likely many more times to follow I have been “TOLD” I am getting acupuncture in my knee no more being stubborn and saying I’ll be fine… acupuncture or else :anic: .

Apparently :uhohh: what I was told many years ago by a person from Southern China is true, southern Chinese argue….northern Chinese hit :D and my wife is a TCM Doc from North China. :anic:

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
So waht you're saying is that Southern Chinese wives argua, Northern Chinese Wives hit, and husbands of Northern Chinese wives DUCK?

Make sure you don't tweak you're knee in the process :D

Good luck on a speedy recovery. I imagine the trees in your new neighborhood are breathing a sigh of relief.

Peace,
Erik

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
*shakes head* Now stop that Xue! I know it's not easy, and I have a hard time practicing what I preach here, but TAKE IT EASY!!!!! That's an order. ;)

Good luck with the ortho. Please keep us posted.

Well when my wife, parents, youngest daughter, 2 doctors, 1 physicians assistant, my boss and a SPM person tell me this I guess I better listen
:D

Sorry to hear that Xue. Rest up, get better and hopefully it is nothing major!

Stretched ligaments, nothing major, no surgery needed (whew)

Have you considered 4 point restraints for a month or two? :D Just kidding. Seriously though, you gotta figfure out a way to slow yourself down. What needs doing will still need doping lter and it don't ned to be fixed today. Hell, if it does...that's what sub-contractors are for :)

Get better Xue. good luck at the Dr's.

Peace,
Erik

I am beginning to believe that if I don't just sit and ice it that the 4 point restraint is soon to follow :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So waht you're saying is that Southern Chinese wives argua, Northern Chinese Wives hit, and husbands of Northern Chinese wives DUCK?

Make sure you don't tweak you're knee in the process :D

Good luck on a speedy recovery. I imagine the trees in your new neighborhood are breathing a sigh of relief.

Peace,
Erik

:D

When an MD I know asked me whar I did I told him, with my wife there, never ever get a Northern Chinese woman angry. To which my wife responded you shouldn't tell people that... or you will get me angry again :D

And I swear I hear the trees giggle when ever I hobble by