Happy Happy Joy Joy

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I had a :duh: DOH moment; after a couple of weeks of sitting around being ticked :rpo: about my damn foot problem followed by my :mad: damn knee problem . I have been doing pretty much NOTHING :ticked: as far as training goes and that is driving me absolutely nuts and then last night as I was standing (with these damn crutches) in my basement looking at the floor I can’t do Taiji on at the moment, at the stationary bike I can’t peddle at the weights I can’t lift and the heavy bag I can’t use, and the chin-up and dip station I have that I am afraid to try cause if I fall off the knee won’t take the pressure :disgust: I looked in the corner and saw my bowflex and total gym I have been letting collect dust and I thought..”Gee. I’m an idiot, I could use those” :duh: And guess what I CAN :D

HALLALUEHA!!!!! :bangahead:

I can’t do as much as I would like but it is more than I was and I discovered that I can still do full sit-ups (bent knee doesn’t work well) and upward dog from yoga (Can’t do push ups just yet) ….. and then yet another revelation that was a real good :duh: DOH!!! Moment….. I can still do the hand and arm movements from the forms….. ahhhh that’s a bit better. :cool:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Xue that is great! (good news
icon10.gif
)

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ain't paradigm shifts great. Shifting thinking from what
you can't do to what you can do is awesome but not thinking about it sooner, it can make you want to palm heel strike your own forehead. :wavey:

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good news! It's good you can do some training...great way to stay sane whilst recovering. :)

Peace,
Erik

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I am trying to spend the day on one crutch and only one crutch in hopes to get rid of the damn things for the weekend. But of course this only means I will now be spending my time witha cane for a bit. But, IMO, that is better than the damn crutches.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I never thought I’d be happy about this but I’m on a cane and off those DAMN crutches.

And did you know that you can use a cane like a Dao, a Jian and a staff :EG: :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, I did the first 3rd of the long form yesterday, the stance was a bit high but I got it done. And I did Ba Duan Jin today from beginning to end
icon14.gif

Its getting better :)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Cool, Just don't do anything to wad yourself up again.

I am taking it rather easy on me these days at the moment (more than I would have in the past) for that very reason. I have discovered, that at my age, I can no longer afford these types of injuries I am stiffer than I have been in years (I lost a lot of flexibility) and I have a whole lot more responsibility than I did the last time I was on crutches (15 years ago)

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand about the age thing. I try not to do anything that will prevent me from paying the mortgage but sometimes crap happens. A friend of my says "If you are going to be stupid you had better be tough!!!"

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know I feel old, tired and beat up today. I don't really have a problem with old and beat up because... well... I am... but tired... now its gone to far :D

My damn knee injury has for some reason acted up again and I am back on the cane some days are a little better and others are much worse. The range of things now giving me problems seems to include the ankle, small toe, calf, knee cap and quadriceps.

I will not post much more since I would likely sound like I’m whining. Tonight if my wife has time I will have her do some acupuncture. But If it is not a lot better tomorrow I am going to be back at the doctor’s office again.

I got to tell you this injury, far from my worst, is making me rather nervous now… I can’t train.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knees'll do that to you. We put a lot of stress and strain on them through daily living, and this can keep you from healing.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Could that knee injury flair up possibly be from going back to training too soon:rolleyes:? I've had surgeries on both knees, and they still act up from time to time, I've learned to listen to my body, sorta, sometimes. Take it easy and when you do get back to training, don't go full bore, ease into it and stop once in awhile to assess how your knees feel.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Could that knee injury flair up possibly be from going back to training too soon:rolleyes:?

:jaw-dropping:Training to soon.... ME!!!:uhohh:

Nooooo :angel:

Perish the thought ;)

Actually likely a little of that and having a new house and trying to beat winter to get everything outside done.,,, I still have a deck to paint and they are predicting snow possibly for Wednesday

I've had surgeries on both knees, and they still act up from time to time, I've learned to listen to my body, sorta, sometimes. Take it easy and when you do get back to training, don't go full bore, ease into it and stop once in awhile to assess how your knees feel.

Surgery is what I am trying to avoid.

But after an acupuncture treatment last night and an extended sit down with a heating pad it is doing a little better today.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Knees'll do that to you. We put a lot of stress and strain on them through daily living, and this can keep you from healing.

True but back when I was much younger and not so beat-up it did not take quite as long.... but with age they say comes patience.....so where the hell is it...I'm tired of waiting already :D