Happy Happy Joy Joy

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you gace the offending tree what for :)

Peace,
Erik

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now is a good time to catch up on reading any books that you have wanted to read and watch videos you have wanted to see!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet the story involves a curb... and an evil tree slipping a root out to get him!

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Damn...I've been there before and it's no fun.

You have my sympathy and my empathy. Take the opportunity to catch up on your reading or video game playing. :)

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ouch, that does suck but I do not understand why you are out for a month and can not train? Are you stuck in bed for that month?

Hope that you feel better and get back on your feet soon

Warmest wishes
Brian King

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
major bummer sir. Hope you get well quickly. Kicking trees might be for the younger folks
icon12.gif

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Suck is as suck does... wow.
Yes, we are all interested on how you did it, even the lurkers are interested :lol: .
Take care of that foot.

Foot bones tend to heal longer than others because there's so many of them and a lot more weight and pressure goes on to the feet than most people realize so the strength has to be rebuilt back into it.
My feet are important as they relate heavily to my job. I walk an average of 3.5 miles a day on my job, granted it's a slow pace but my feet do get tired after a week of doing this.

Heal quickly but heal well my friend. :asian:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry no exciting story and no trees involved just age, I guess and past abuse. I have fractured that foot twice before, MA related injuries, but this one is brand new. A couple of months ago I was late and trying to get where I needed to be on time and like I use to when I was pushing 40 and younger I jump down a flight of stairs I (which apparently is not a good idea when your pushing 50) and shortly there after found myself limping. I limped for a couple of months off and on, it would feel better and then I would start my normal routine and it would start hurting again. Went to my MD who referred me to a foot MD and he took x-rays and it is fractured but not separated (a stress facture, who'd a thunk it :rolleyes: ).

As to why I am out of commission for a month, MD's orders to stay off it whenever possible, elevate and ice it as often as possible, at least 20 minutes a day during the week because I work and when I don't work, at least, 30 minutes 4 to 6 times a day. But I do think I might be able to do push hands drills but I have my doubts about any of the forms and this absolutely sucks :disgust:. I am going to contact my Sifu (who is also a doctor) and see what he thinks.

My checkered MA injury past is not good when it comes to listening to the Doctor and I have paid for that so I think this time I will listen and heal like I should, as much as I REALLY don't want to.

Just sit, walk a little and read a lot :cool:

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I jump down a flight of stairs

The stairs my Arch nemesis!! It got you too!! When will the world realize that stairs are the downfall of mankind. Our only hope of salvation are elevators I pray it is not to late.....

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
My condolences. You definitely should take ample time to recoup. I broke my toe earlier this year and it took me several weeks to get back to 100%. It would've been quicker but I decided at one point I felt "good enough" to get back to kicking as much as usual. Bad move! With a fractured foot you're going to need much more R&R time. Don't rush it.

Pax,

Chris

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear! My biggest concern would be packing on pounds, but I know that isn't a concern for everyone. On the bright side, you could always take out that instrument you played in highschool and see what chops you have left ;)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry to hear! My biggest concern would be packing on pounds, but I know that isn't a concern for everyone. On the bright side, you could always take out that instrument you played in highschool and see what chops you have left ;)

Virtually none...but I could take this time to work on the Didgeridoo and, believe it or not, I am serious about that

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Any instrument is a good instrument to play. Not all are as much fun as the guitar, but anything you can make music with is far better than nothing :)

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gotta slow down there, old timer, your not as young as you used to be :D. It might be time to start listnenting to the doctor, people don't heal as fast or as well as we used to when they get to your age, and I can say that because you can't move fast enough to do anything about it.. right now :p. Seriously, take it easy and give yourself time to heal, or you end up out much longer, it took me a while to figure that out. Feel better, maybe find a nice houseplant to beat up on until you heal.

Latest Discussions