Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other Oriental MA

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I want to find a martial art or style and teacher, that will teach me the martial art concept, I wanna learn it for self-defense, combat oriented, no sport, no tournaments, for myself, for the ones that need help (or to help ones needed), for protection, for better health, hopefully or maybe it will also teach some fitness exercise, because I remember to be a good fighter you must be in shape. The better in shape the better the fighter right.

Some other things I'd like to add. I would like to learn a style quick if possible, because I'm not sure how long I will be living here, so I'd like to learn self-defense and have some knowledge of the benefits I've post about and some of these. but it doesnt matter if I don't learn it quick, I just like to learn something that gets to its point and no drama.

Tactics of all possible punches, kicks, chokes and holds, wrestling, grappling, and ground work, fist and street fighting, defense against multiple opponents, sparring, all components of close contact and distance confrontations, emphasis on continuous attack, economy of motion and unpredictable moves

Joint-Locks / joint locking
Pressure Points
Grappling
Holds / Throws
Strikes / Punches / Punching
Kicks / Kicking / Leg Strikes
Vital Areas/Points Strikes (Striking Vital Areas/Points)
Blocks, Blocking, Invade, Counter-Attacks
Chokes , Conditioning, Self-Defense (realistic)
Health , Body, Mind, Spirit, Concentration, Focus, Fit (Fitness, Toning, Strength) , Exercise,

Striking, Kicking, Grappling, Punching, Pressure-points, Joint-locks(locking), throws, pins, health beneficials, healing, internal

That's what I'm looking for. Like a whole package of everything, but NO SPORTS.

Anyways, as you can see where I live, if anyone knows anyone that can help me or such , is much appreciated, I also like to add that after I get a job, I am interested in purchasing the crossbow to start gaining some muscles, because I have a fast metabilism so that means I eat eat eat eat, and I don't gain weight as much and fast as other ppl do. Thats why I'm a Skinny/Slim/healthy/athletic boy, 6'2ft.tall , I weigh about 140lb to be exact. I don't have any disease, I don't have nothing, I'm perfectly healthy, no anemia, no asthma, nada. Just skinny.

Anyone can contact me also on Aim, Yahoo, Msn, Icq, Aol . I'm open for opinions. To end this with some sense, I'd like to find some places online where I can learn about different styles if possible, if not some of you guys may be as help to me.

Well, thats all for now. But I really appreciate your help and all your time. It would really mean a lot to me for help... Take Care

jkn75

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You seem to be looking for an Ultimate Martial Art. Some arts may not include everything, so you may have to participate in a couple of different styles. You also may want to look at some of the more comprehensive martial arts.

Some good comprehensive arts would include Kuk Sool Won, Hapkido, Hwa Rang Do, Kenpo, and Jeet Kune Do. Im sure there are others that I've forgotten but these are the ones at the top of my head. I don't want to get into a "which art is best" so if I've forgotten your favorite comprehensive art, I apologize in advance.

OP
CrushingFist

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Astra
It seems you're looking for MMA :X
If MMA has chi-gung / chi-kung exercise for circulation of blood, better health, and things related. then yea you can say that and including the combat aspects i mentioned

Latest Discussions