Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Oh, and care to give an exact source that backs up what the Ashida Kim site said about the BDS?

Sure. Here is an "exact" source just for you: ASK ASHIDA KIM. His site - not mine.

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
When you state something, expect people to make coments about it and challenge it. Loudly complaining that people are beating you up because they won't stay quiet is not going to get you much.
Why?

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Genin Andrew said:
Mr Sojobow,you have asked for my version of history regarding 'ninjitsu'.
Feel free to drop the Mr..Appreciate it, but quite unnecessary. Plain 'sojobow' will due.
First off, my level of "research" has taught me that 'ninjitsu' is no more than a Western mis-spelling of the term "ninjutsu". Which refers to the ancient "JAPANESE" fighting styles and martial ways of the Ninja.
I honor what your research has taught you. I have no dispute with it.
Secondly i need to correct you on something, "The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi" is correctly titled "The" Book of Five Rings not "A" Book of Five Rings, as in 'A Russian ninja went to Korea and was raised by A group of warrior monks" that is incorrect.
Thanx But: Musashi, Miyamoto: A Book of Five Rings, The Classic Guide to Strategy. The Overlook Press. Translated from the Japanese by Victor Harris. United States, 1974 by The Overlook Press, Peter Mayer Publishers, Inc. Woodstock & New York, Copyright 1974 By Victor Harris. Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 73-33986 95 pages.
I have read many books (and countless web references) about NINJUTSU and Japanese History but will list only those in which i own and feel comfortable enough using as a referance off the top of my head...

'Early Japan' by Jonathon Norton Leonard
'Samurai' by Mitsuo Kure
'The Road Back to Nature' by Masanobu Fukuoka
'Ninjutsu: The art of the invisible warrior' By Stephen K. Hayes
'The Ninja: and their secret fighting art' by Stephen K. Hayes
'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu translated by Thomas Cleary
'The Tao Te Ching'
'The Book of Five Rings' Miyamoto Musashi
'Ancient China' by Edward H. Schafer

I dont need to further list page numbers etc. Simply because these books comfortably support all i have stated in regard to the History of "NINJUTSU" and the lack of Russian Ninja...
Don't know why you felt the need to list you library. But thanx anyway.
I am surprised i have taken this stance and gotten so involved with this little debate instead of sitting back and dismissing (?) what you have said but i am finding this almost fun. However for your sake and the credibility of your Knowledge i suggest you go and read a few Japanese History books or books Regarding Ninjutsu written by Japanese or legitimate historians/practitioners and move past your "Dux Ryu Ninjitsu Homework Assignments" level of research...
Been there, done that. Few told me what I really needed to know. Read one, read em all.
And back to 'NIN JIT SU' If you can find me a book/video/essay/scroll/ or anything that refers to a "ninja" and "ninjitsu" as opposed to ninjutsu, and isnt written by A.Kim or any Black dragon members or A.Kim members but is actually a decent,good quality peace of writing that states...

a) Ninjitsu or Ninjitsuists as you call them have actual historical recordings.
b) There were once "Ninjitsuists" in Korea,Phillipenes and...oh dear...Eastern Russia.
Love your work...

Once again, what I believe that constitutes Ninjitsu, Ninjutsu, Ninpo, or any other term we us to losely define or refer to the War Art is quite different that your definition of the same. This "difference in definitions" is evidentally causing problems in our dialogue.

Example: In my own personal thoughts, Sun Tzu's: The Art of War (not "a" Art of War) as translated, completely defines what is commonly referred to as Ninjitsu, Ninjutsu or any other "tsu" you want to name it. Tzu defines the qualifications of a Sensei, Soke, Hanshi, Master or whatever name we use for "teacher" or "leader." The book defines What, How, When, Where Nijitsuism (feel free to insert your term here) must function and how it should evolve. As there were many writers expressing the same points as Sun Tzu expounded, I use the name - Sun Tzu - as being inclusive of all the Chinese writers/philosophers of his time.

The Way - or more correctly - "The Right Way," is, to me, the beginning of what is known as Ninjitsu/Ninjutsu or the more than 5 names originally given to the artform by the Chinese. One thing is for certain, the Japanese gave this same respect to the Chinese. Knowing that you will challenge this, I need only refer you to the writings of Fujibayashi Yasutake and it's introduction that states, in part:

"Although the author of the Bansenshukai was influenced by Chinese thought, and even indicates a connection to Chinese military traditions, he presents the material as the ultimate accumulation and perfection of Ninjutsu knowledge--as the name Bansenshukai itself suggests."

Again, the problem in our dialogue exist due to the fact that you and others extract your definitions from the traditional schools of Japan, while I extract my definitions and history from a much older source and a non-traditional school developed in a different era and local. I don't say yours is wrong but that some of us have a difference perspective on what constitutes Ninjitsuim. Your "history" will be different than what I believe, but no more correct nor incorrect. Yours is yours, mine is mine. Yours may be "legitimate" in Japan and good for you. I'm not grounded in the same foundation. Thus, "legitamate" is also only relative.

There are a number of "Ninjitsu" Ryu existing in America. I'd be hesitant to call them all ignorant. But thats just me.

Actually, I prefer to drop Ninjitsu, Ninjutsu, Ninja, Ninpo and prefer to use the term "The Way." But, for simple conversation, I use the Nin terms. Even "Special Forces" or "The Art of Survival" may be better terms IMHO. Pretty good - The Art of Survival Ryuha

Hope this helps.

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Enson said:
ask him what? his take on ninjutsu?:idunno:
I did say "regarding the reminder of your post" thus, I would think it literally refers to "the remainder." Ask Rick. He's your teacher is he not?
as far as your post goes... well thats why no one will take you serious. all i'm saying sojobow is come up with an actual photo of tanaka and that will at least hault some of the continuous attack against you from "haters".
You are not man enough to demand anything of me. Why should I come up with or defend anything. Has nothing to do with sojobow as deflection does work. The attacks will continue as it reflects the true teachings of the attackers. Simply doesn't work.
as far as history... well i think that has been said over and over... came from indie, went to china, found its way to japan to the iga/koga mountains, the concept was developed there, and honed here in the u.s.a! (for our use anyway. we don't have to fight the samurai here on american soil. hee hee!)
Thanx for the common definition of Martial Arts as told to most beginners. Now, share with us the initial history of Ninjitsu. You do study the art form do you not? Where or how did Ninjitsu begin? I know that Sensei Tew knows because I know who taught him and what he was taught. Stick around, one day he'll reveal some truths to you.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sojobow said:
Sure. Here is an "exact" source just for you: ASK ASHIDA KIM. His site - not mine.

Are you sure you do not wish to reconsider and give a supporting source that does not lead back to Ashida Kim? I urge you to consider it if you really want to be taken seriously.

Ashida Kim is a joke. He is an incompetent fraud that is laughed at. He is the National Enquirer of the martial arts world. By using him as a source, you are opening yourself up to be treated like a person who uses the National Enquirer as a serious research source.

Really. If this is the level of research you do and you refuse to give any sources like you most often do, then people are going to treat you based on your reputation. So do you really want the reputation of someone who states things as hard cold facts but bases his research on Ashida Kim?

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've re-read a few of my posts. Please show me where I EVER used AK as a Source for anything. Don't know him. Never met him. Read one book by him on Entering and Exiting. Have nothing against him as our paths never cross. But I don't see a problem with reading something written by anyone. I read your essay on Koga and don't think any more or less of either you or him. Both your essay and his book are the same to me. Something to read and think about. You and he have a lot in common.

But, back to the point. Please show me where I used AK as a source for anything. If you don't reply, I will consider that you can't.

G

Genin Andrew

"Sure. Here is an "exact" source just for you: ASK ASHIDA KIM. His site - not mine."

*sighs* I cannot believe you just posted that...
I wasnt taking you seriously when you were using your "dux-ryu homework assignments" as research...and now this...

Sojobow i hope you won't be too surprised if you get a "little" flack for that comment.You pretty much just knee-capped yourself !!!...oh dear.

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think my sensei has another student that he laughts at more than I. I kind of enjoy it. My kids just fall out laughing at me. Hope we all keep laughing. It's actually healthy for you. Hope the moderators here are laughing at me too. Thats a Tengu for ya.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Genin Andrew said:
Sojobow i hope you won't be too surprised if you get a "little" flack for that comment.You pretty much just knee-capped yourself !!!...oh dear.

And once someone is shown to be not trustworthy, you can pretty much leave him alone to scream as much as he wants.

Tell me Andrew, did you come into this with an open mind towards Sojobow? What is your impression now?

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Genin Andrew said:
"Sure. Here is an "exact" source just for you: ASK ASHIDA KIM. His site - not mine."

*sighs* I cannot believe you just posted that...
I wasnt taking you seriously when you were using your "dux-ryu homework assignments" as research...and now this...

Oh, I get it now. Don Roley post a quote and a reference to Ashida Kim's website. Then Don Roley comes here and asks me to give him a source for what Ashida Kim says on Ashida Kim's website. Humorously, I say why the 7734 ask me to prove something on someone elses website of which I have not direct or indirect involvement. So I say, "Go ask Ashida Kim" why the 7734 ask me? And you take it serious. You guys need to wake up. Better yet, go back to sleep cause you both missed that one. See what hating gets you?

You guys aren't very bright or you. Geez

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sojobow said:
You guys aren't very bright or you. Geez

Should that not be "are you" instead of "or you"? It goes over a lot better when you try to project mental superiority if you can actually get the phrase correct.

But let us look at the quote you made earlier.

sojobow said:
There was/is the Black Dragon Tong of Retribution, The Black Dragon Society and the Black Dragon Fighting Society (whose membership comprised mostly of Koga) just to name 3. The Black Dragon Fighting Society, together with one Chinese Ninjitsuist and two Korean Ninjitsuist were responsible for a failed attempt to assassinate Ieyasu Tokugawa 5 centuries ago. Old Shogun escaped with the help of a snitch from what I've read.

So, if you did not get it from the Ashida Kim web site, where did you get it? You should be able to point us exactly to where we can access it instead of listing the first 30 books that come to your head.

And why does it sound almost word for word like the Ashida Kim web site? If you did not get it from him, where did you get it? Hmmm?

So, this is the type of research you do? Either you get it from Ashida Kim, or you cannot show any source at all. That does not inspire trust in others.

Time for you to crank up the insults to cover your tracks. :flame:

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
And once someone is shown to be not trustworthy, you can pretty much leave him alone to scream as much as he wants.

Tell me Andrew, did you come into this with an open mind towards Sojobow? What is your impression now?
I'm not your enemy. Why you insist on discussing sojobow regardless of the subject at hand is beyond me. If you don't want to participate in the subject of the threads, you could at least PM me with your personal issues as they really don't belong in this forum. It is evident your trustworthiness is becoming much more evident than anyone else here. I'm beginning to think you are just a troll and I will stop feeding you until you post something of value. Keep recruiting, you do need help.

Peace.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sojobow said:
Why you insist on discussing sojobow regardless of the subject at hand is beyond me.

Because sojobow keeps making statements about things like history that ultimately come down to his word and charecter. If sojobow were to provide sources, then the matter of sojobow's behavior would be moot. But sojobow keeps trying to say things, and then dodge giving sources- such as where he got the info on the Black Dragon Society. So the matter of whether we should trust him or not then becomes an issue.

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I actually don't know the website you refer to. However, cut-&-paste the page from the AK site you are referring to and then overlay my post and see if they fit word-for-word as you seem to suggest. That would be real interesting. Plus, I'd really like to know what was said on the AK site you are referring to since it seems someone else may have an opinion on the old conspiracy. Are you uncomfortable with my presence? Seems you've done this a number of times. I say something and you go find someone else that says something similar and your response is that you don't like them either since they aren't "known in Japan" and or being laughed at by the guys sitting around your table (your usual "we are laughing at everything." Why not tell us the names of these friends of yours known only in Japan.

Can you say "jealous." ??????

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sojobow said:
I actually don't know the website you refer to.

Why, I have posted it before, and here it is again.

http://ashidakim.com/history.html

You may note the use of the term "Black Dragon Tong of Retribution" which is
the exact same term you used among other things.

So, ready to tell us your source for what you wrote, or are you going to insult and misdirect some more?

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
well this thread is called "fresh air". it feels like old air to me. i was trying to give sojobow (who often refers to himself in the 3rd person) advise on how to come out ahead. then he gets off and insults me. can he say... burn bridges? talk about leading a horse to water. i must say when someone gets their reference from ashida kim thats pretty bad. then he goes off and says that he has nothing against ashida kim. whats that about? ashida kim is a joke and will always remain that way. for someone to have an "official $#@^ list" on his site and not be considered a joke... i didn't agree with you sojobow but i used to respect you. i felt you always made a good argument and always stood your ground well. (even if it was false information) everyone knows i'm no fan of don roley but i do respect his vast knowledge of ninjutsu history. so do most on here. maybe i will take your advise and stick with sensei tew long enough for him to tell me about philipino/russian ninja. one more question: did they cross breed?

DuckofDeath

Orange Belt
Reaction score
sojobow said:
My kids just fall out laughing at me.

Is one of your kids a little Paul Warren, Jr. by any chance?

**Url Edited because of Profanity and innappropriateness for MT's G rating** Please read Martial Talks Rules & Policies regarding appropriate Outside links**

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not your enemy. Why you insist on discussing sojobow regardless of the subject at hand is beyond me. If you don't want to participate in the subject of the threads, you could at least PM me with your personal issues as they really don't belong in this forum. It is evident your trustworthiness is becoming much more evident than anyone else here. I'm beginning to think you are just a troll and I will stop feeding you until you post something of value. Keep recruiting, you do need help.

Peace.
What doesnt belong here, is claims that have no truth. Please PM whoever you are trying to scam, as it doesnt belong here.

cheers,
KE

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Enson said:
well this thread is called "fresh air". it feels like old air to me. i was trying to give sojobow (who often refers to himself in the 3rd person) advise on how to come out ahead. then he gets off and insults me.
My mistake. Won't happen again. 36 sleepless hours are killing me.
he goes off and says that he has nothing against ashida kim. whats that about? ashida kim is a joke and will always remain that way.
Never met the man. Never studied or looked into his personal or martial habits thus I have no opinion of AK one way or another. All I know is that he's a man. Just don't have time to be a person-studier.
did they cross breed?
Yes, don't all humans exist as a result?

Anyway, found this artical moreso on the subject of the thread and not the subject of our favorite protagonist/antagonist - sojobow: Tell me whatyathink:

http://www.bstkd.com/culturejap.htm

Japanese Culture

The history of Japan is still poorly understood. Many Japanese still believe in the mythological origins of their people and island, and resist current anthropological, linguistic, and genetic studies which seem to demonstrating successive migrations from the Korean peninsula, taking place over two millennium. Some current research, for instance, suggests that the royal house of Paekchae, a Korean nation that succumbed during civil strife around 600 a.d., may have migrated to Japan, becoming the Japanese ruling family. DNA testing and linguistics seems to confirm a relationship. Similarly, little research is devoted to the displacement by these migrations of the Caucasian-appearing race that was indigenous to Japan, the Ainu, which still exists in northern Japan.

For the past 1500 years, Japan has experienced an extraordinary cultural development, promoted on the one hand by its island isolation, and on the other hand by the necessity of being an island nation with very limited natural resources.

Modern Japan has evolved from a distinctly feudal nation to a modern society in an extraordinarily short period of time. Many ancient traditions are, therefore, within modern memory and interpretation. "

========================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions