Just saw this sub-set

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone...
Just saw this subset to the Ninjutsu section and was wondering if ya'll could compile a list of schools/groups that would fall under this catagory?
Thanks

Your Brother
John

For instance
I know that ToShinDo is in the catagory, right?

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
well lets see you have:
toshindo- founder sk hayes, student on forum gmunoz
rtms a.k.a tew ryu ninjutsu -founder rick tew, student on forum enson
ninjukai taijutsu- founder john ang, student on forum genin andrew
dux ryu- founder "the infamous" frank dux, student on forum sojobow
(i don't think sojobow is still a member but anyway...)
robert bussey's schools
thats all i can think of right now

G

Genin Andrew

Thats a pretty good list Enson and i personally cant think of any others. And just for the record, no one better mention ashida kim as being a member of that list,or the black dragon societies...i hope we can agree on that.

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Enson said:
well lets see you have:
toshindo- founder sk hayes, student on forum gmunoz
rtms a.k.a tew ryu ninjutsu -founder rick tew, student on forum enson
ninjukai taijutsu- founder john ang, student on forum genin andrew
dux ryu- founder "the infamous" frank dux, student on forum sojobow
(i don't think sojobow is still a member but anyway...)
robert bussey's schools
thats all i can think of right now

The Tenju is alive and well. I have no objection to adding The Black Dragon Society. Objections are above my pay-grade. Guess it depends on how one defines Ninjitsu.

E

Elizium

what about Fuma Ryu?

And no Black Dragon is not a ninjitsu dojo organisation, it is labelled as a society and not a martial art.

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Elizium said:
what about Fuma Ryu?
And no Black Dragon is not a ninjitsu dojo organisation, it is labelled as a society and not a martial art.

Brother John asked for a listing of "schools/groups." Black Dragons, being over 400 years old, does qualify somewhere within those two words.

OP
Brother John

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
The list is pretty good so far.
Now: Can anyone/everyone comment on what makes each school/group unique/distinct on a organizational AND (more dear to my heart) technical level?
This would be Very interesting.

thanks
Your Brother
John

E

Elizium

sojobow said:
Brother John asked for a listing of "schools/groups." Black Dragons, being over 400 years old, does qualify somewhere within those two words.
Well yes the Black Dragons have been around for 400 years, it is a shame that it is part of the Yakuza which in turn is linked by name to an organization that does crime.

The society is a collective, not a school nor is it a group. The society has many dojo's under its wings and is therefore not a school or a group. A school is a place of learning and a group is a collection of people with an interest in one particular subject. A society is a collection of sub groups like a school.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Elizium said:
Well yes the Black Dragons have been around for 400 years, it is a shame that it is part of the Yakuza which in turn is linked by name to an organization that does crime.

The society is a collective, not a school nor is it a group. The society has many dojo's under its wings and is therefore not a school or a group. A school is a place of learning and a group is a collection of people with an interest in one particular subject. A society is a collection of sub groups like a school.
i have to agree with you on the defenition of society. the black dragon society should not be considered as an art. although the moderators did make this for everyone else. maybe they should make another sub-forum for those that wear sweat pants, ski mask, and run around at night (ashida kim).
just because one writes a ridiculous book on ninjutsu does not make him a practicioner. if thats the case the realulitmatepower.con would have to be considered an art.

the thing that makes each organization different would be the an-shu or founder. his theory and philosophies. so i guess what i'm saying is each student would have to represent his school/art/style/dojo for this question to be answered correctly.

G

Genin Andrew

The Black Dragon Society is a franchise of dojo's (if you wanna call them that) that breeds thugs and puts the words martial and art on a slant of shame.

The 400 year tradition did have some good morals and ways but nowadays it is a tradition of thuggery (their affiliation with the yakuza doesn't help them) and has a bad habit of raising bad authors who write crappy books about NINJITSU...this is a very negative post and i apologize for this but Sojobow i think its best you retract you're statements regarding the Black Dragon Society, Enson and Elizium both brought up good points which you should read over thoroughly.

much respect
-andrew

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i posted a website under general ninjutsu. these guys are from the "black dragon society" the pics are nasty but funny. i think the ones under the seminar. like one where this guy is doing god knows what to this other guy's rear. and this girl smelling this other guys rear. i guess you could call it the "posterior technique" hee hee!

OP
Brother John

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brother John said:
The list is pretty good so far.
Now: Can anyone/everyone comment on what makes each school/group unique/distinct on a organizational AND (more dear to my heart) technical level?
This would be Very interesting.

thanks
Your Brother
John

?

Please

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Brother John said:
the thing that makes each organization different would be the an-shu or founder. his theory and philosophies. so i guess what i'm saying is each student would have to represent his school/art/style/dojo for this question to be answered correctly.

*note* this was on the bottom of another post. i guess i forgot to direct it to your question.

rtms: well a bit much to put on one post. the best thing i recommend to start with is this article.
http://www.totalwarrior.com/Rick_Tew_s_Ninjitsu/Total_Warrior_Magazine/Tradition_its_History/tradition_its_history.html

its not very long and i just starts off with some of our philosophies.
peace

M

MisterMike

Enson, that's a good article and I agree with most of it as written and probably all of the ideas it was trying to get across.

I say kudos to you and your group for going out and doing what you think is right and putting it out there for the rest to see.

As a follow up, why the term ninjutsu? Is your system based from another?

Thanks!

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
Enson, why the term ninjutsu? Is your system based from another?

Thanks!
first off thanks.
well sensei tew learned most of his "legit ninjutsu" training came from robert bussey. in that time bussey was teaching his modern version of ninjutsu. rick tew got what he learned from that training and enhanced it with some of what he learned in hapkido, and other arts. the foundation is ninjutsu/taijutsu...(technique, theory, philosophies) but with completely modern applications.
that is why we associate with ninjutsu but proclaim modernism (sp). hope that answers some-what your question.

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Genin Andrew said:
The Black Dragon Society is a franchise of dojo's (if you wanna call them that) that breeds thugs and puts the words martial and art on a slant of shame.

The 400 year tradition did have some good morals and ways but nowadays it is a tradition of thuggery (their affiliation with the yakuza doesn't help them) and has a bad habit of raising bad authors who write crappy books about NINJITSU...this is a very negative post and i apologize for this but Sojobow i think its best you retract you're statements regarding the Black Dragon Society, Enson and Elizium both brought up good points which you should read over thoroughly.

much respect
-andrew
The gentleman asked for a list of schools/groups. Note the word "groups."

The subject at hand, or in question, is the list. Unfortunatley, the list will not be anywhere near comprehensive as I don't believe necessary knowledge exist here able to compile such a list and there are HUNDREDS of organizations existing that PREFER NOT TO BE ENUMERATED ON ANYONE'S LIST. Think it has to do with Ninjitsu being an art of invisibility and a true artist will not devulge his/her affiliations. Why reveal a hidden weapon. The term "Black" has other useages other than the color - which it isn't.

Too bad we spend an inordinant amount of time discussing people rather than the sciences. But we did get past 3 posts on the subject before it deterioriated. We made it all the way to #8. We await your list - imput.

I know of personally, quite a number of Ninpo teachers who will only teach their children. Where do they fit on any "list?"

Oh, and FYI, sojobow is spelled with a small "s" - never capitalized. There is nothing warranting any retraction especially when they both said the same thing I first said.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In keeping with the theme that Brother John intended for the thread, then, what makes these systems unique? Perhaps if everyone was to just tell us a bit about their systems fundamental paradigms, the differences would become apparent to the readers.

Latest Discussions