Forum on here for meetups and fights?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If any of you guys decide on a trip to Hawaii, please let me know. It's a nice place. Just bring a suitcase full of money because it can be expensive out here.

I'm off on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The other days I have to work because I forgot to bring the suitcase full of money.

But I'll gladly hook up, meet and train with anybody here that I know. That would be great.

I might even make you some guacamole from avocados in my back yard.

View attachment 22693

BIG fricken' avocados.
Couple more months and I'll be there. Not sure we'll have the opportunity to train though...feel like that might be a no from my future wife :hilarious:

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If any of you guys decide on a trip to Hawaii, please let me know. It's a nice place. Just bring a suitcase full of money because it can be expensive out here.

I'm off on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The other days I have to work because I forgot to bring the suitcase full of money.

But I'll gladly hook up, meet and train with anybody here that I know. That would be great.

I might even make you some guacamole from avocados in my back yard.

View attachment 22693

BIG fricken' avocados.

Make it kalua pork, im there

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:shamefullyembarrased:
Couple more months and I'll be there. Not sure we'll have the opportunity to train though...feel like that might be a no from my future wife :hilarious:

Make it kalua pork, im there

@kempodisciple, even if we don't get to train, I'll drive down to wherever you are and buy you a drink. And who knows, maybe we can finagle an hour to do some Martial Arts.

@Gweilo, I haven't made any Kalua pork yet, but some of my friends make it really well. They even hunt their own pig.

IMG_2065.png

One of my fellow cops at the airport. His dogs corner the pig and he goes in and kills it with a knife. Like his father did, and his grandfather before him. And like anything else, them pigs are meaner than anything when cornered.

Really nice, fresh Kalua pork he makes.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@kempodisciple, even if we don't get to train, I'll drive down to wherever you are and buy you a drink. And who knows, maybe we can finagle an hour to do some Martial Arts.

@Gweilo, I haven't made any Kalua pork yet, but some of my friends make it really well. They even hunt their own pig.

View attachment 22694
One of my fellow cops at the airport. His dogs corner the pig and he goes in and kills it with a knife. Like his father did, and his grandfather before him. And like anything else, them pigs are meaner than anything when cornered.

You do know that photo just looks so wrong don't you? o_O:D

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

View attachment 22694

Is the pig prolapsed or bleeding out?

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You do know that photo just looks so wrong don't you? o_O:D

It does look a bit, "you got a pretty mouth" type of moment.

[QUOTE="Buka,

View attachment 22694

Really nice, fresh Kalua pork he makes.[/QUOTE]

Nothing better than free range woodland pork

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And like anything else, them pigs are meaner than anything when cornered.

Shouldn't think that makes the meat taste better though, the stress releases hormones into the meat which make it tough. One of the reason for humane slaughter isn't moral but that calm, well treated animals taste better!

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of the reason for humane slaughter isn't moral ...
The reason that I have been a vegetarian in the past 40 years because I strongly believe that human being can survive without killing. If we eat the root, we may kill that vegetable. But if we just eat the leaf, the vegetable may feel pain (not sure this is true of not), but it won't be killed.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason that I have been a vegetarian in the past 40 years because I strongly believe that human being can survive without killing. If we eat the root, we may kill that vegetable. But if we just eat the leaf, the vegetable may feel pain (not sure this is true of not), but it won't be killed.

I think you have misread my post, I'm not saying there aren't moral reasons for not eating meat, I'm saying one of the reasons is not for moral reasons.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look up articles about the wild horse herds in the western US, bison in Canada, wild buffalo in Africa, and there are many more. The populations have been adversely affected by over population from loss of predation. Inbreeding and crossbreeding is leading to some heinous results.
Responsible harvesting of animals is a Very, Very good thing.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
By your logic, war can reduce earth population which can also be a good thing.

I'm a person this life. But my last life could be a pig, and my next life can be a chicken. :)
It is hard and brutal to wrap your head around but, yes. Mankind it a destructive creature. Overpopulation and the irresponsibility of people can/will kill this planet, assuming a natural catastrophe does not get it first.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think you have misread my post, I'm not saying there aren't moral reasons for not eating meat, I'm saying one of the reasons is not for moral reasons.
One can avoid a lot of problems if he/she doesn't eat meat.

Eating meat: links to chronic disease might be related to amino acids – new findings

Meat-rich diets are linked to a range of health problems, from heart disease and strokes to type two diabetes and some cancers. People who eat diets high in meat have also been found to live shorter lives.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a person this life. But my last life could be a pig, and my next life can be a chicken. :)

Which are delicious. In your next life, do you have any preferences for how I cook you?

One can avoid a lot of problems if he/she doesn't eat meat.

One can avoid a lot of problems if he/she DOES eat meat, too.
Balance is key. Any diet that says "don't eat any x" is less healthy than a diet that balances all the foods we evolved to eat.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If one is going to be on the food chain, atop isn’t a bad place to be.

Latest Discussions