Forum on here for meetups and fights?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're not buying yours. Grow up.

What story do you think he's telling? He's a young man, English not his second language, lives in Asia, he's pleasant, doesn't insult anyone or any style which makes a nice change. He doesn't need to 'grow up' because he was replying that he wasn't buying an obviously fake humorous story and added haha to show he understood the context.

His use of language is perhaps not what it could be, it's good but fight should be amended to train or spar.... as he realised and actually posted after.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
What story do you think he's telling? He's a young man, English not his second language, lives in Asia, he's pleasant, doesn't insult anyone or any style which makes a nice change. He doesn't need to 'grow up' because he was replying that he wasn't buying an obviously fake humorous story and added haha to show he understood the context.

His use of language is perhaps not what it could be, it's good but fight should be amended to train or spar.... as he realised and actually posted after.
Thanks for having my back

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He's a young man, ...
Anything has to do with young, healthy, strong, happy are all good. Some forum just have too much old, sick, weak, ... energy.

Beginner level - inhale happiness, exhale sadness (make yourself happy).
Advance level - inhale happiness, exhale happiness (make yourself and everybody happy).

happy-running.jpg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything has to do with young, healthy, strong, happy are all good. Some forum just have too much old, sick, weak, ... energy.

Beginner level - inhale happiness, exhale sadness (make yourself happy).
Advance level - inhale happiness, exhale happiness (make yourself and everybody happy).

happy-running.jpg

I like that! We do tend to get negativity here and when someone different comes along people assume it's the 'same old, same old' without giving people a chance.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We do tend to get negativity here and when someone different comes along people assume it's the 'same old, same old' without giving people a chance.
Quite often we have the following conversation toward a new member.

A: How can I do ...?
B: You need to ask your Sifu.
C: You need to ask your Sensei.
D: You need to ask your Coach.
E: What style do you train?
F: How long have you trained?
G: Who is your teacher?
H: Don't expect to get any free and useful information online.
I: You may try ....
H: What make you think that you are qualified to offer opinion to A?
I: @#$%^&
H: &^%$#@

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know you're tryna rustle my jimmies but my jimmies aren't easily rustled. I train in BJJ now, and I'll train everything eventually. Plus if you think I have non existent skills, we should see about that
I am shaking SO hard in my booties right now.

I train at a private MMA club now since my previous coach moved across the country to train with one of the big teams, but if you ever find yourself in Vancouver BC area, open sparring is on Friday.

Would be happy to let you show me all your skills.

I hope your at least light heavy....

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am shaking SO hard in my booties right now.

I train at a private MMA club now since my previous coach moved across the country to train with one of the big teams, but if you ever find yourself in Vancouver BC area, open sparring is on Friday.

Would be happy to let you show me all your skills.

I hope your at least light heavy....
I welcome healthy competition, I'll be sure to let you know when I'm in Vancouver. I'll be in Alberta this Summer so we'll definitely throw it down

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thinking how sick it would be if we had forum here for organizing fights with each other, I would be like fight club brah
In the past, we've done Meet Ups with members coming together to train and share their knowledge. It takes a lot of work to make it happen... If someone wants to take it on, I'm sure we can help out a bit.

Other members have privately coordinated getting together to train, swap some knowledge, maybe some sweat and bruises.

But... setting up a particular forum for it? Not really practical for tons of reasons. And if not very carefully phrased, could easily be interpreted as a place for challenge posts to be made. And challenge posts are immediate banning offenses, because we're not going to set up people that way.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And challenge posts are immediate banning offenses, ...
Not much you can do when the following happened.

A: I know someone who can beat you up.
B: Who is is that person? Where does he live?
A: Why should I tell you?
B: ... :arghh:

For the rest of B's life, he always remembers that someone can beat him up. But he has no idea who that person is and where that person lives.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not much you can do when the following happened.

A: I know someone who can beat you up.
B: Who is is that person? Where does he live?
A: Why should I tell you?
B: ... :arghh:

For the rest of B's life, he always remembers that someone can beat him up. But he has no idea who that person is and where that person lives.
I know that there are plenty of people that can beat me up. If you truly believe no one can, then that is a much bigger issue imo

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know that there are plenty of people that can beat me up. If you truly believe no one can, then that is a much bigger issue imo
What if you're a modern day Achilles? Being invincible would be sick, brah

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if you're a modern day Achilles? Being invincible would be sick, brah

Though Achilles wasn't invincible, that was his problem.
Alcohol and drugs tend to make people think they are invincible, often they do have that extra strength that makes them hard to take down but it can always be done eventually and when they sober up they regret it a lot!

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I welcome healthy competition, I'll be sure to let you know when I'm in Vancouver. I'll be in Alberta this Summer so we'll definitely throw it down

If you are ever in the UK (England), the Bristol/Bath area, it would be a pleasure to train/spar with you, that invertation is open to others as well, you can learn a great deal from training with other styles, I have made some good friends from such sessions over the years, good training, good food, and a couple of beers to boot.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If any of you guys decide on a trip to Hawaii, please let me know. It's a nice place. Just bring a suitcase full of money because it can be expensive out here.

I'm off on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The other days I have to work because I forgot to bring the suitcase full of money.

But I'll gladly hook up, meet and train with anybody here that I know. That would be great.

I might even make you some guacamole from avocados in my back yard.

Avocado.JPG

BIG fricken' avocados.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you are ever in the UK (England), the Bristol/Bath area, it would be a pleasure to train/spar with you, that invertation is open to others as well, you can learn a great deal from training with other styles, I have made some good friends from such sessions over the years, good training, good food, and a couple of beers to boot.
Thanks for the invitation brah, I'll let you know if I'm in the area

Look what happened to him.

Paris used god hacks, I'm pretty sure that's illegal in the UFC

Latest Discussions