Forum on here for meetups and fights?

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You sure you weren't having horse pudding brah?

I have eaten horse steaks, very nice, I was disappointed they never started selling the meat properly (although I would have gone to my butchers instead)

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chelenham, not far from me, niceish place

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I eat kosher so no bacon lol. I can't eat corned beef either but that's a psychological thing, when I was a child the city I was in had a typhoid epidemic due to corned beef, can't face it now.
I would just have to be a confessed sinner. Hmm, bacon!

KageKat

White Belt
Reaction score
This is a smokescreen thread. OP just wants to know who lives closest so he can come over for beer and waffles :cool:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is it possible to forgo eating meat and just drink whey protein shakes?
of course it is, but protein shakes are just a way of separating the hard of thinking from their money, just drink milk, eat chick peas or any of the other non meat protein sources

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Protein shakes are just another supplement to proper diet.

D

Deleted member 39746

Oh, you can suppliment solid foods with smoothies and meal suppliments, most protein powders dont ahve enough nutrients to be used by themsevles as a meal suppliment, at least if i recall stats correctly. Or at least to sustain for a day without consuming something else. A meal suppliment should contain enough nutrients to be used in lieu of solid foods.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, you can suppliment solid foods with smoothies and meal suppliments, most protein powders dont ahve enough nutrients to be used by themsevles as a meal suppliment, at least if i recall stats correctly. Or at least to sustain for a day without consuming something else. A meal suppliment should contain enough nutrients to be used in lieu of solid foods.
You’re thinking meal replacement, not meal supplement. Supplement adds to what you’re eating, ie taking vitamin D because you don’t get enough of it in your regular diet.

D

Deleted member 39746

You’re thinking meal replacement, not meal supplement. Supplement adds to what you’re eating, ie taking vitamin D because you don’t get enough of it in your regular diet.

Thats the one. Suppliment and replacement are so-so used interchangably in some circles.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My ego is my worst enemy

Welcome to Martial Talk, irondome. :)

As for ego....maybe try to harness it, using it to drive you in any way you want.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My ego is my worst enemy
Used the right way and likely modified slightly ego can be a powerful ally.
If you can back it up it is akin to overt (maybe) confidence.
If you can not back it up, I expect it will catch up with you soon rather than later.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I eat kosher so no bacon lol. I can't eat corned beef either but that's a psychological thing, when I was a child the city I was in had a typhoid epidemic due to corned beef, can't face it now.

I am more inclined to eat raw fish that any kind of meat. And I watch that. Too many people will brag about their knowledge of serving raw fish when they know nothing about it. And I am by no means an expert, but I do try to be careful.

Latest Discussions