Forms and techniques descriptions

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall

http://www.akfkenpo.com
if you want to look. I'll brace myself for Ian's comments. :D

:p

That looks fine to me! As long as a site has a good, well placed menu so that it's easy to move around (as that one does), I rarely make comments.
It's just that when people have lots of good content, but no easy way for people to get at it (as Mr. Billings' site did), I know it's going to waste and I can't help myself!

Seriously, if anyone ever does want any advice on site design, I really don't mind helping.

Ian.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
When I hear or read someone say handsword & heel palm, it drives me nuts. To me these two techniques are named assbackwards. I am not trying to start anything, but why did Mr. Parker decided on these names. Was it depart from Okinawan Kempo, that uses swordhand and palm heel? Any info.
Bob:asian:

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempojujutsu

When I hear or read someone say handsword & heel palm, it drives me nuts. To me these two techniques are named assbackwards.

We say 'palm heel' I must admit, rather than 'heel palm', but we do say 'hand sword'.

Ian.

OP
R

rmcrobertson

I'm not sure I see what the problem is with, "handsword," and, "heel-palm." The hand is shaped into a sword, so "hand," comes first; the heel of the hand hits first (look at Finger Set 1), so the heel comes first.

OP
C

C.E.Jackson

Originally posted by satans.barber

:p

That looks fine to me! As long as a site has a good, well placed menu so that it's easy to move around (as that one does), I rarely make comments.
It's just that when people have lots of good content, but no easy way for people to get at it (as Mr. Billings' site did), I know it's going to waste and I can't help myself!

Seriously, if anyone ever does want any advice on site design, I really don't mind helping.

Ian.

OK! I'll take you up on that. I'm getting ready to start adding more detail and technique descriptions as well as more links. I know I have some outdated links in my RyuKyu Kenpo pages that need repair. Please give me your insights as to how I can improve the overall site's look and navigation. I am limited on some design issues since it is a "free" site, but any help would be appreciated.
CJ:asian:
http://www.americankenpo200.tripod.com/

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by C.E.Jackson

OK! I'll take you up on that. I'm getting ready to start adding more detail and technique descriptions as well as more links. I know I have some outdated links in my RyuKyu Kenpo pages that need repair. Please give me your insights as to how I can improve the overall site's look and navigation. I am limited on some design issues since it is a "free" site, but any help would be appreciated.
CJ:asian:
http://www.americankenpo200.tripod.com/

Well, you could start by giving me a URL that works! lol

Ian.

Latest Discussions