Fighting to gain respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wouldn't that require him to spend too much time at the gym?

The dude isn't known for being smart. he is the kind of guy that hits his kids, talks down to just about everyone and has the largest theoretical balls in the universe.

He thinks he is the toughest sob around when he doesnt even train. He doesn't even lift either.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey hanzou. Thanks for the advice. He was very quick to agree to the "wrestling match." Which was pretty quick, he put his hands on my shoulders and try to push me over. It didn't work out in his favor and he ended up on the floor. :).

If I had done it my way I would probably have ruined the family get together by actually fighting and maybe worse things could have happened.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The dude isn't known for being smart. he is the kind of guy that hits his kids, talks down to just about everyone and has the largest theoretical balls in the universe.

He thinks he is the toughest sob around when he doesnt even train. He doesn't even lift either.
Does he drinks a bit?
upload_2016-6-18_21-15-4.png

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
He has a lot of bad qualities, but hitting his kids? A big man...

The dudes an *******. That's why I have no problem hitting him, lucky for him I just "guided" him to the ground.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey hanzou. Thanks for the advice. He was very quick to agree to the "wrestling match." Which was pretty quick, he put his hands on my shoulders and try to push me over. It didn't work out in his favor and he ended up on the floor. :).

If I had done it my way I would probably have ruined the family get together by actually fighting and maybe worse things could have happened.

Indeed. No need to kick or punch, just agree to "wrestle" with the buffoon where you have a complete advantage. Nothing shows more control than "defeating" someone without actually hurting them.

If he challenges you again, put him in a quick chokehold and make him tap. Chokes scare the crap out of people, and suddenly make them realize that they're way out of their depth. I put a drunk relative in a standing guillotine a few years back because he was verbally abusing his wife, and decided to try to tackle me for "dipping in their business". He took a nice nap on my basement floor.

He's now a respectable family man, at least when he's in my presence. ;)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Indeed. No need to kick or punch, just agree to "wrestle" with the buffoon where you have a complete advantage. Nothing shows more control than "defeating" someone without actually hurting them.

If he challenges you again, put him in a quick chokehold and make him tap. Chokes scare the crap out of people, and suddenly make them realize that they're way out of their depth. I put a drunk relative in a standing guillotine a few years back because he was verbally abusing his wife, and decided to try to tackle me for "dipping in their business". He took a nice nap on my basement floor.

He's now a respectable family man, at least when he's in my presence. ;)
Your extreme old age makes you very wise. ;)

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
He's gotta be 95. Look at his avatar ;)

Avatars don't exactly reflect your age. This panda for example was like 5 when the photo was taken.

Anyway I am very thankful for his advice. My uncle would have never agreed to a sparring match and if I fought him full on I'd be in deep with my family. The grappling route was perfect to get some aggression out on him.

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
Starting a fight to earn respect is a double edged sword. You might get the respect from the guy you despise but lose a lot of respect from all those you care about.

Eventually you realize that path makes you into something you yourself can't respect either.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Starting a fight to earn respect is a double edged sword. You might get the respect from the guy you despise but lose a lot of respect from all those you care about.

Eventually you realize that path makes you into something you yourself can't respect either.
I think I would have just told the Uncle ahead of time that he's not welcome in my home.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Avatars don't exactly reflect your age. This panda for example was like 5 when the photo was taken.

Anyway I am very thankful for his advice. My uncle would have never agreed to a sparring match and if I fought him full on I'd be in deep with my family. The grappling route was perfect to get some aggression out on him.
You mean that is not your face in your avatar?

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
beating up someone will never give you respect (fear, but not respect), it will let you look like a brainless savage in the eyes of others.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
beating up someone will never give you respect (fear, but not respect), it will let you look like a brainless savage in the eyes of others.
I don't think he beat him up. I think he just embarrassed a bully in front of family and friends. He could have done more damage if he chose.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got some family visiting for fathers day and my uncle made a very rude comment about me. We have had an ongoing case of bad blood with eachother since I was 13. Contemplating going up to him and socking him in the face, following it up with some more as well.

Maybe that would get me some damn respect, sick of being everyone's damn urinal.

I have a better idea. Grow up and act like a man.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't think what you did was cool at all. Grappling or striking you still started a fight with a guy you knew you could beat and was older than you simply over a few words. So when you go into work and there's someone you don't like are you going to do the same thing and get yourself fired. You may train martial arts but you don't seem to understand the discipline side of it. Only fight if your in danger what happens if you do something like that and embarrass someone they could come back 10 minutes later with a gun and shoot you. Is your pride or honour really worth that. I'm sure you feel proud and cool about it but what respect have you earned? Does anyone actually care what you did. You're an adult it's not like a kid saying oh he was rude so I beat his ***. That may be cool in the playground but in adult life that just seems like a guy with no control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions