Fighting Off Dogs.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Due to the circumstances of my living situation, I am frequently double teamed by a Black Lab and a German Shepard/Great Dane mix. So far, I've managed to survive their attacks by using the secret techniques of DogFu. Now, I don't know if you can learn these techniques over the internet, without an instructor, but in the interest of your safety, I'll try to explain.

First, grab the dog in a sort of headlock with your left arm, making sure you get your head down next to theirs. Make sure you're past their jaws, else you're exposed to their tongue fu.
Next, use the right hand to vigorously rub their ears, while saying "Who's a good boy" in a ridiculous voice.
You can finish off with some controlled pounding on the ribs, fishing around for a treat, or throwing a ball.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And for the ones whom you aren't voluntarily double-teamed....and aren't necessarily good dogs....a loud "No!" and "Bad Dog!" can do a lot. Best of all that's a weapon legal to carry in all 50 states :D

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Depending on the breed of dog, you're usually screwed. Its up to the people who own them to train them properly. Ive always had german shepherds and they are great with my kids and have a lovely nature. BUT, if anyone came to harm myself, my wife or my kids, then heaven help them. Only a gun would save them and even then, they would only get one shot. My current boy is big, strong and fast with big teeth, even a fully grown man would really have no answer to an attack from a dog like that.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The a K-9 handler friend of mine said the Malinois has more bite power than a German Shepherd and a more sensitive nose. We used them for bomb detection and to chase/restrain fleeing suspects. They had a big arm guard thingy that was essentially a metal pipe with foam and cloth around it. My friend had a scar in his wrist because a Malinois crushed the pipe and pressed his wristwatch into his wrist.

We have them too as the attack dogs. They look a bit like skinny German Shepherds which along with Rotweilers are the other dogs we have.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The a K-9 handler friend of mine said the Malinois has more bite power than a German Shepherd and a more sensitive nose. We used them for bomb detection and to chase/restrain fleeing suspects. They had a big arm guard thingy that was essentially a metal pipe with foam and cloth around it. My friend had a scar in his wrist because a Malinois crushed the pipe and pressed his wristwatch into his wrist.

Now, that's a lot of dog................ :)

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cute...funny they don't look like fur coated death machines when they are puppies!

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cute...funny they don't look like fur coated death machines when they are puppies!

Aren't they cute though! I don't know what sort of pets they'd make, I don't know anyone who has one as a pet. I imagine though that in the right hands like all dogs they'd be good.

I'm looking at getting a retired racing greyhound next year when I retire/am made redundant.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I once got left in subzero temps in the Dakota's for about five hours. By the time the patrol got out to me my hands were so cold I couldn't open the car door. The patrolman took my post and let me sit in his car and warm up. His Malinois very gingerly cuddled up to me and licked my fingers till they started working again. A great dog and a fully fledged cop in his own right. To this day I get a little choked up when I think about it. I always kept a few treats handy after that in case they came by my post for a visit.

Much like people they can be quite gentle or if the situation calls for it powerful.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was about 30 to 35 years ago. His next door neighborwas John Denver..... He lived on one mountain top and Mr. Denver lived on theother

Everything on that sheet with an Xi next to it is capable of causing pain and inflammation of the skin or mucous membranes - usually, we expect that the eyes and nasal passages will bear the brunt of this. This is not a remark on severity, only that the reaction is noted to the chemical. Everything with an Xn may cause damage to health in large amounts or with chronic exposure.

And anything with a Xue next to it may cause damage to trees! :eek:

:redcaptur

BuffaloFOI

White Belt
Reaction score
This is a interesting topic! I had a couple of encounters fighting off dogs. The first ecounter occurred when I was about 16yr old. My cousin, sister and I were walking home from the library and we saw some kids teasing a German Shepherd behind a community center across the street from us. Then the dog popped his chain and ran after them. We were across the street and told them (my cousin and sister) Don't Run! They didn't listen and sprinted through the par across from the center. The dog, by that time almost got in the center but then saw my sister and cousin running through the park and begun to chase them. All of this happened in a matter of seconds! So, I ran across the park after the dog, who had them cornered. I got between them and the dog and began yell at the dog to get away and then he rushed in. I remember this all happening in slow motion. I delivered a field goal kick to throat that nearly flipped him, followed by muay Thai styled roundhouse to his side that rolled him. We he got up, he walked off gasping and hacking for air and we ran off.
Cont....

BuffaloFOI

White Belt
Reaction score
Cont..

The second encounter was very odd and could have easily escalated into a undesirable outcome. This situation I found my against another German breed... a Rottweiler! Now what made this unique was this dog was in the dojo! There was another dog there too but he stayed to himself in corner of the school. Meanwhile, I got this Rottweiler barking in my ear as im preparing for class. My former Instructor says, your not afraid of dogs are you? I replied no sir, I've owned a few when I was younger. Meanwhile, the rott follows me on to mat barking at me! I know... professional right? Rottweiler barking at student during class while the instructor was teaching. Now this dog is distracting the entire class. While working with the instructor, his dog rush in towards me as if it's going to attack me (about 8times during the class). I advised my former instructor I couldn't focus on the drill while his dog kept barking and growling. I suggested he put the dog up in his office so it wouldn't continue to be a distraction to the class. At one point while working with another student and the dog rushed over towards another student. He said see Ed....She's Equal Opportunity Attacker!?!?. I think had the dog been actually trained...it would have listen to him when he gave first command. Luckily, by the end of day no one got hurt but if you cant control your dog then it must be put a way! Especially, in a business establishment. There was plenty of Rattan around so i was well prepared if the situation escalated. At the very end of class the rott stopped it's threatening and confused (to attack or not to attack) approaches. Hopefully, this crazy and disrespectful incident doesn't occur again. I almost forgot 1 more thing. My former instructor justified his dog's misbehavior based the theory of dogs not being use to black people. Smh

Latest Discussions