Email Response Time?

MadMartigan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And your happy to admit such people to you club
Its typically the parent asking what the address or class times and prices are (all readily available in Google and the website that's date stamped from its last update).
Happy might be a strong word, but it's not the kid's fault their parent has no critical thinking skills. I do make sure to only answer part of the question with a link included in the messaeg to where the full details are.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And your happy to admit such people to you club?

When a University student asked a question we’d often reply, ‘please refer to page X of the student handbook, which you have signed to say that you have read and will refer to first.’ 🙄
I don't like the idea of gatekeeping martial arts.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its typically the parent asking what the address or class times and prices are (all readily available in Google and the website that's date stamped from its last update).
Happy might be a strong word, but it's not the kid's fault their parent has no critical thinking skills. I do make sure to only answer part of the question with a link included in the messaeg to where the full details are.
I suppose you can always take their parent’s laziness out on the kids…beat them with bamboo canes, tell them they’re ugly etc😐

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of gatekeeping martial arts.
How many axe-wielding homicidal maniacs have you recently admitted into your club? 😉

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You'd be surprised of the number of lawyers, paralegals, receptionists, and doctors I've met doing IT work that would have no idea how to forward an email. I
I agree. I work in IT and I would say it's worse than just sending email. Some people just have a really difficult time with technology basics. Some just have zero interest in using it. But I wonder if work at home because of covid has made an improvement. Lately I've been getting a lot of calls with end users explaining what the problem is and what may have caused it. They are often wrong but are more comfortable with explaining what they think has happened.