Favorite MA Quote

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Assumption is the mother of all screwups.

I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is why so few engage in it.

The obstacle is the path.

Follow not in the footsteps of the masters, but rather seek what they sought.

Don`t punch a girl in the groin, your hand will get stuck.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recently heard the quote below and liked it a lot.

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."
Mike Tyson

There are countless MA quotes that I admire.
Martial artists out there, please let me know your favorite martial arts quotes.
Thanks!

That's one of my personal favorites as well!

Another one is.....

"Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life! Do not be concerned with escaping safely- lay your life before him!!" -Bruce Lee

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lord Naoshige said, "The Way of the Samurai is in desperateness. Ten men or more cannot kill such a man. Common sense will not accomplish great things. Simply become insane and desperate."

-Hagakure

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"I wanna leave this world the same way I came into it: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else`s blood."

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"I wanna leave this world the same way I came into it: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else`s blood."
Oswald:"You're born naked and you die naked."
Kate:"You don't die naked."
Oswald:"You do if you plan it right."
The Drew Carey Show

Jason Striker II

Blue Belt
Reaction score
"You want to shake my hand, that's one thing ... but if you want to get tough, I'll whup your ***!"

Elvis Presley

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I am here to kick *** and chew bubble gum and I am all out of bubble gum." Rowdy Roddy Piper

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
"IF YOU WOULD HAVE PEACE, PREPARE FOR WAR!!" ancient saying .. predates even the Greeks and Egyptians I think, But still very true!
"train like you will fight when its real!!" US ARMY training commands
"When two Tigers fight, One is dead, the Other is mortally wounded!" Old Okinawan saying.
"When two men fight, the winner is the one still living!" Old saying in many places, Okinawa included.

and then there is the quote in my signature block. been there for years and very true.
"unarmed hand to hand fighting has NOT changed through the ages; only the name changes, and it has only one rule: do it first, do it fast, do it dirtiest. -- Robert A. Heinlien"

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Sooner or later you lose your speed, you lose your strength and everybody learns your tricks. Then you find out if you're any damned good or not."

—— Steve Strauch, a Kendoka.

Latest Discussions