Favorite guilty pleasure MA flick

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Aye, I know :(. basically, if it involved martial arts weaponry, head-butts, neck-breaks et al then it got cut out.

I suppose these days, now we're all internetty, I could buy DVD's from abroad of the original cuts.

So basically you have the opening, a picture of Cynthia Rothrock pops on the screen and then the closing credits.... 5 to 10 minutes tops.... is that it :D

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So basically you have the opening, a picture of Cynthia Rothrock pops on the screen and then the closing credits.... 5 to 10 minutes tops.... is that it :D

ROFL.

Great minds think alike it seems. There are times without number where I have described a censored MA movie in just those terms:

'Titles
Opening Music
"Martial Law" Starring Cynthia Rothrock

Roll Credits' :lol:.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Aye, I know :(. basically, if it involved martial arts weaponry, head-butts, neck-breaks et al then it got cut out.

I suppose these days, now we're all internetty, I could buy DVD's from abroad of the original cuts.

Wow...I didn't know that. That's ****ing ridiculous. Is that just for movies on TV or for DVD's and movies in theaters as well?

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
speaking of Jeff Speakman...
I really like his movie The Expert. He's a lot nastier in this one than in his other ones and seeing Jim Varney (Ernest) play a "bad" guy is just...um...different. :D

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tex, I can't speak as to whether the censorship aplied to the cinema scrren too for these movies as I don't think they ever had a theatrical release over here :(. The TV and video (this was pre-DVD days) offerings were the ones I speaking of.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really like his movie The Expert. He's a lot nastier in this one than in his other ones and seeing Jim Varney (Ernest) play a "bad" guy is just...um...different. :D
Jim Varney was great! He got his start doing Shenandoah's Pride milk commercials. "Hey, Vern!"

For me it's any of the old "Zatoichi- the blind swordsman" movies. The Seven Samurai is another of my favorites, but since it's a classic I don't have to feel guilty about it.

Kung Pow is great! "I need gopher chucks!"

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jim Varney was great! He got his start doing Shenandoah's Pride milk commercials. "Hey, Vern!"

For me it's any of the old "Zatoichi- the blind swordsman" movies. The Seven Samurai is another of my favorites, but since it's a classic I don't have to feel guilty about it.

Kung Pow is great! "I need gopher chucks!"

If we're going to get into the Samuai movies, you can't beat Shogun Assassin. Aside from all the wholesome violence, the little kid (the assassin's son) is absolutely hilarious :rofl:

dart68

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My favorites:

Enter the Dragon
Revenge of the Ninja
Big Trouble in Little China

Don't know why, but I have to watch those. I have Enter the Dragon on DVD and Revenge of the Ninja on VHS.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Big Trouble in Little China is playing on FMC right now. Since it's been mentioned in this thread a few times I gotta watch it again. Thanks guys, there goes any work I was gonna get done in the shop tonight.:D

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Oh my, Speakman has ANOTHER movie? This I have to see!

To redfang -- I love the first karate kid movie when the "bad guy" teacher shoves the student down! Haha! No defeat in here!

Latest Discussions