Guilty pleasures?

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Even the most health-minded people in the world have their downfall. We all have something we can't say no to. What's yours?

One of my favorite unhealthy pleasures is dining at the Waffle House. I only do it a couple times a year because it has a habit of staying with me ... :fart:... but it's sooooooo good.

Anyone else? Don't be shy now.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My very own meatlovers medium sized pizza... I can be such a pig sometimes. Heh

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lobster drenched in drawn butter, mmmmm mmmm. My wallet helps me keep that to a minimum...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine tequila, good chocolate and fine cigars-all at the same time, and usually after some fat red meat laden meal, like a nice 32 oz. porterhouse, with a bottle or two of decent cabernet.....

....luckily, I just don't get to go with all of them that often. When I do, though-whooo boy!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Caviar, esp with some fine vodka.

Can't do that often, and its a no-no for a Type A but on the very rare opportunities that I get to indulge........

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Chocolate anything. Cake, ice cream, milk, name it. My absolute favorite is the British Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Bar, gotta pay a premium for them over here, but they’re worth it!! mmmmmmmm

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chocolate anything. Cake, ice cream, milk, name it. My absolute favorite is the British Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Bar, gotta pay a premium for them over here, but they’re worth it!! mmmmmmmm

CAAAAAKE!!

[yt]CydAhobAQS8[/yt]

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tasty craft beers. It was nearly my fall down Saturday night. . . errr. . .I mean down fall. Even had a delicious Wildflower mead. It was about 4 oz pour, but it must have packed some calories.

OP
Flea

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
CAAAAAKE!!

It's a good thing that's some solid plastic or nobody would have gotten to enjoy it.

The other day at an ice cream shoppe I ordered a slice of midnight chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. Then I had them top it with both hot fudge and whipped cream. The guy behind the counter proposed to me on the spot.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's a good thing that's some solid plastic or nobody would have gotten to enjoy it.

The other day at an ice cream shoppe I ordered a slice of midnight chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. Then I had them top it with both hot fudge and whipped cream. The guy behind the counter proposed to me on the spot.

Chocolate cake, hot fudge and MA???? Be still my beating heart, I think I'm in love....We'd be damn lucky to live to 50, but man what a great way to go!!

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score

I've had those when I was visiting England...really, really nice, especially the ones with nuts. In my opinion, we have better food here in America, but there are some things that the English and Europeans do right, and one of them is chocolate. Also, I love having double cream in my coffee when I'm there.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ice Cream

Cheesecake

Cake

Pie

Beef Jerky

In & Out Hamburgers (fast food out here in the West).

Afternoon Tea (it's the sweets that comes with it).

Life is good.
icon10.gif

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Red Hot Blues tortilla chips. Cheesecake. Frozen margaritas. Warm brownies with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. Jiffy cornbread. Gingerbread. I could go on....and on....and on.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me it has to be wine. It can be a costly passion but oh-so-worth it.

My favourite late night sin ... well, other than the other obvious one :D ... is a quiet couple of hours in front of a Stargate DVD (or somesuch) with a bottle of excellent chardonnay or sauvignon blanc (or a blend like Black Stump), a hunk of Danish Blue or Stilton cheese and a packet of crackers.

Ah, heaven!

OP
Flea

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Big Mac, fries and a Coke.

Yes! Make my coke vanilla, and add about half a pound of bacon to the burger.

Since moving to the South about 10 years ago I've acquired a taste for southern and country cuisine that I expect will stay with me for good. I'll never forget my first visit to a Picadilly buffet. I was vegetarian at the time, and I wanted the "vegetable platter." Three vegetables and a drink. I got sweet potatoes, green beans (had to pick out the bacon of course,) a little spinach salad, and an extra little bowl of mac'n' cheese. The woman on the cafeteria line ran a little slowly, so I got to the cashier without the mac'n'cheese. The cashier was confused - "wait, you got the ... but the salad is extra ... where's your third vegetable?" Then the mac was passed up the line. "Oh! There's your other vegetable!" And she happily rang me up. She had no idea why my Yankee friend and I laughed hysterically. Only in the South does macaroni edge out a salad for vegetable status. No wonder obesity is such a problem. But that's a separate conversation.

I also love the rotgut fish sticks.

I'm still on my TV fast right now, but it's been a cherished tradition for years to watch the Sunday night lineup on FOX. I originally got hooked with the third season of X-Files, and it's been a beloved vice ever since. Some of my friends in college used to do the same with Beverly Hills 90210; but they would extend it to include home manicures, facials, and lots of cheap wine. None of them were vain at all, it was just part of the ritual. :ultracool

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes! Make my coke vanilla, and add about half a pound of bacon to the burger.

Now why do you have to go and mess with perfection?

I'm with you on Waffle House too. Never ate at one until this spring when we drove down to Atlanta. After seeing a sign for WH on every highway exit in Georgia - seriously, every exit - we thought we'd try it. It's kinda like Wall Drugs, you look at 400 miles worth of billboards, you just have to stop. I looove WH waffles. Good thing there's one here in town, but I do have to pass several exits to get to it. ;)

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even the most health-minded people in the world have their downfall. We all have something we can't say no to. What's yours?

One of my favorite unhealthy pleasures is dining at the Waffle House. I only do it a couple times a year because it has a habit of staying with me ... :fart:... but it's sooooooo good.

Anyone else? Don't be shy now.

Waffle House is da' bomb! Love me some steak and eggs man. LOL

Guilty pleasures? .... a bottle of single batch bourbon aged 9-10 years. Ohter than that...perhaps a sack-full of Krystals...so greasy but so good. I love some gut-bombs even though they don't love me. LOL

Latest Discussions