ed parker and bruce lee

thatdude

White Belt
Reaction score
Many of Bruces students came from Ed Parkers pool of Black belts so to speak. I am sure they both took a little something from their experience with knowing each other. PEACE

Dan inosanto came from Parker.

tai scorpio

White Belt
Reaction score
hi there, while on this topic about parker and lee i can only tell you what i was told from my master(parks) and from my sr.g.m.(german) that the both of them parker & lee train together share ideal and concept of both arts. if you really look at both arts that share the same trapping and blocking techquie. both arts have the same hand tech. down pack. and really jkd is kenpo sister art. and i quess the same goes the same for jkd. all you have to do is watch and learn and you get your awnswer. thank you sifu scorpio

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Vic Le Roux studied with Bruce Lee & Jerry Poteet, but was firmly rooted with his Kenpo Masters; Ed Parker & Chuck Sullivan.

Tim McFatridge

White Belt
Reaction score
I know I am more than late on jumping into this thread but I just wanted to say... first off...after visiting and posting on several other forums I am so very glad and refreshed to see that people on this forum can have a conversation about Bruce Lee and others he trained with and not let it get ugly.....THANK YOU FOR THAT.

From everyone I have talked to about this topic I have been told that neither Ed Parker or Bruce Lee "trained together", instead they exchanged ideas. Ed Parker met Bruce Lee and was impressed with his abilities and the fact that he was asian and was open to everyone and everything. Ed Parker was very instrumental in helping Bruce get established here in America by inviting Bruce to his tournament in Long Beach. He wanted Bruce Lee to do a demonstration for the crowd because he was impressed with Bruce's speed and technique and how he moved and flowed. He also liked the ideas and philosphies that Bruce had when it came to fighting. So the way I understand it they would get together for a "Think Tank" session if you will. It is also VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP THIS ONE THING IN MIND.... although Dan Inosanto, Larry Hartsell, Jerry Poteet and others left Ed Parker to train full time with Bruce they always respected Ed Parker and remained to close to him up until his death. The reason most of them left was because they were already black belts under Ed Parker and Bruce offered them something new, something they were all unfamiliar with and the most important thing of all is they ALL received Ed Parker's permission to leave and train with Bruce.

Just my two cents guys...

Train Hard, Train Smart...and never be to proud to look outside your circle of training for the answers.

Tim McFatridge
www.jkdkali.com