I no longer care about Jeet Kune Do

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So I guess anyone who says Jesse Glover wasn't a national judo champ is lying. Hmm? Jesse Glover doesn't say he was a national judo champion. This is from his book Bruce Lee between Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do.
Does he say he wasn’t? Is his student who he knew lying? Just wondering, hmmm

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
As a teenager in school. Champion of a school. The lowest level of amateur competition. Against absolute noname.

1. fighting drunken untrained people is easy
2. Sounds like sociopaths/psychopaths behaviour
Really? Lol...says who? Where do you get fighting drunks is easy...guess cops have an easy job huh

Sounds like you’re making excuses

and he beat his students who were champion boxers

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Don’t know, you can look it up
So your convinced he is, but don't have anything like actual evidence. Sort of like hero worship.

You want me to prove you right? That's not how it works. You make the claim, back it up.

Last edited:

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
So your convinced he is, but don't have anything like actual evidence. Sort of like hero worship.

You want me to prove you right? That's not how it works. You make the claim, back it up.
Careful, when I pointed this out to him I was called a "troll" and he blocked me. :oops:

I even pointed out to Mider WHICH championship Glover won as a brown belt but he still wants to claim that Glover was a National Judo Champion, even though there is no record of it and Glover never claimed that.

Same thing with James Demile. Mider made the claim that he was a boxing champion, but again there is no proof of that and even Demile in his later years confirmed that at best he might have won a division title in the Air Force between the two bases located there while stationed in Alaska.

Lots of hero worship going on, but again no hard facts to support it. If you want to say that Bruce Lee was an amazing athlete and a talented martial artist, then I won't argue. But, when it gets into the realm of Bruce Lee beating all these "champions" to prove he was a real fighter, I can't go along with that.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
His student and friends did, do you understand English lol?
Again, solid logic on your part. when discussing a person, do we believe the person (who never said he was a national champ, and you have yet to prove otherwise, so he must be) or his students, most of whom were too young to have been around when Jesse was competing. Most of your argument is "other people said he was, so he was". Yet actual proof seems to be a difficult concept for you to understand.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This coming from the guy who thinks everyone’s lying? Ok man lol
Lying? No. Exaggerating ? Yes. Otherwise why is it so hard to find actual proof? Gene Lebell was the AAU heavyweight champ in 1954 and 1955. That's not me making up things, that's a fact. (You CAN look it up). Jesse Glover was a national champ? Where can someone look it up?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His student and friends did, do you understand English lol?
People are sometimes mistaken, even about things we think they ought to know. They hear something that someone else heard second-hand, and it gets messed up along the way. You've decided either Bruce Lee was amazing, or everyone around him was lying. There are a lot of other options in there (including both being true or both being false, among many others).

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
People are sometimes mistaken, even about things we think they ought to know. They hear something that someone else heard second-hand, and it gets messed up along the way. You've decided either Bruce Lee was amazing, or everyone around him was lying. There are a lot of other options in there (including both being true or both being false, among many others).
I think that to think all his students then their students are lying is silly. I’m not a Bruce Lee cultist but many said he was gifted

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Lying? No. Exaggerating ? Yes. Otherwise why is it so hard to find actual proof? Gene Lebell was the AAU heavyweight champ in 1954 and 1955. That's not me making up things, that's a fact. (You CAN look it up). Jesse Glover was a national champ? Where can someone look it up?
So what, I can’t find every AAU championship winner, funny I believe I left a link. Damn the conspiracy runs deep...

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Again, solid logic on your part. when discussing a person, do we believe the person (who never said he was a national champ, and you have yet to prove otherwise, so he must be) or his students, most of whom were too young to have been around when Jesse was competing. Most of your argument is "other people said he was, so he was". Yet actual proof seems to be a difficult concept for you to understand.
Hold on...I mentioned his students AND Lee’s students, so are you acting dumb now?

also what do his students being young have to do with anything?

Latest Discussions