Do you find some arts easier than others?

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Like you I trained both TKD and Hapkido. I also found Hapkido much more challenging. Hapkido was more challenging because of the reasons you mentioned, and also it was tougher on my body in ways that I wasn't use to. I tried to train them together and found myself getting more frustrated. If I had just picked one and focused on that I would have done better. Which is what I eventually did.

I don't think any art has come naturally to me, but I do think some aspects of training are more challenging for me than others. I would assume that is normal.

You need to work on your acting.;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sarcasm.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh, you meant live resistance as a metaphor.. I somehow knew that before replying. Way ahead of you bud.
Completely unrelated, when someone says, "bud" to someone else, am I the only person who sings that line from the Spider-man cartoon theme? "Is he tough? Listen, bud. He's got radioactive blood."

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Completely unrelated, when someone says, "bud" to someone else, am I the only person who sings that line from the Spider-man cartoon theme? "Is he tough? Listen, bud. He's got radioactive blood."

You are the only one

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed it on that one, but yeah I do that, too.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Over here when someone says "bud" to another person, the other person usually replies "You need papers?"