Do maiming and killing only work in SD?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Average chimps is full time calisthenics practictioner average person not. I would like to see the result of comparing chimp with calisthenics athlete.
It's all about discovering your inner human, that killer animal instinct honed by millions of years. Otherwise chimps would rule the world, but they don't. There was a movie once..a dystopian nightmare about that idea.

Men have wrestled bears, tigers, even alligators, which are basically tiny dinosaurs. Some probably tried crocodiles and died terrible deaths (can't find video but it's probably gruesome), but in the end we got pro wrestling, the pinnacle of alphaness.

Go go tiger.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Average chimps is full time calisthenics practictioner average person not. I would like to see the result of comparing chimp with calisthenics athlete.
I do not recommend anyone google "who would win in a fight, a man or a chimp?" Grizzly.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Depends on the dude.

Chimps can't learn Jiujitsu. They haven't evolved enough.
They have the ability to grab you with their feet and they have large fangs. your jujitsu won’t help you after he bites off your fingers, your face, and your genitals. I have doubts that any human can defeat one bare handed. I have had a very difficult time prying a two year old chimp off my head. He was just playing but he nearly took my ear off using me as a jungle gym. Adult males are the scariest animal I have ever worked with. The grip strength is something I can’t properly describe. They can open coconuts with their teeth, and hang by one foot at the same time.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the dude.

Chimps can't learn Jiujitsu. They haven't evolved enough.
A chimp is stronger, more flexible, has 4 hands, big teeth, and no qualms about biting off anything that gets near their mouth, including your face.

Good luck.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do not recommend anyone google "who would win in a fight, a man or a chimp?" Grizzly.
It breaks my heart to see people making primates into pets. It’s so wrong. All the chimps I worked with had miserable lives because people thought it could work, it doesn’t. Bill was a chimp I knew who was taught to box men in the circus. He lived the greater part of his life alone in a cage. He learned to paint, he smoked cigarettes, he had favorite TV shows, he got out to a yard to excercise once a day. He was incredibly volatile and extremely dangerous. When he was introduced to another chimp(named Ziggy)for companionship, he bit several of Ziggys fingers off. He lived the life of a wrongly convicted prisoner. People did this for entertainment.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
They have the ability to grab you with their feet and they have large fangs. your jujitsu won’t help you after he bites off your fingers, your face, and your genitals. I have doubts that any human can defeat one bare handed. I have had a very difficult time prying a two year old chimp off my head. He was just playing but he nearly took my ear off using me as a jungle gym. Adult males are the scariest animal I have ever worked with. The grip strength is something I can’t properly describe. They can open coconuts with their teeth, and hang by one foot at the same time.
And yet, you and I are both apex predators and they aren't.

The big difference? We developed (martial) arts.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
A chimp is stronger, more flexible, has 4 hands, big teeth, and no qualms about biting off anything that gets near their mouth, including your face.

Good luck.
Frank Shamrock vs that chimp. I chose him because somebody a lot smaller with a lot less muscle dominated him.

Let's talk odds. I'll wager 2:1 on Frank.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Frank Shamrock vs that chimp. I chose him because somebody a lot smaller with a lot less muscle dominated him.

Let's talk odds. I'll wager 2:1 on Frank.
You clearly need to spend time near chimps. Even Frank needs a tool to open a coconut, I doubt even if he did have one that he could do it while hanging by his foot. Remember, the ref can’t intercede over a rules disqualification for biting, and this isn’t Mike biting your ear. Bongo will take your face off in seconds.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

Depends on the study. Some show that result and up to 1.5 times. Older studies reflect a higher rate. Other studies reflect that it isn't the muscle, but how the neurons fire which cause a chimp to use more of their fibers at a faster and higher rate than humans.

Also, depends on the study on who the test subjects were. Several of the studies I looked at were testing athletes in comparison to the chimps and not just an average person vs. an average chimp.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions