Discworld - Terry Pratchett

OK, so, you people got me interested in trying Pratchett, and now, I'm frustrated.
None of the reasonably close libraries have any checked in and none of the close bookstores have any in condition I'd pay for.

I get my books from abebooks.com and click on the "free shipping" section.
Or go to the 99 cent section (with low shipping).
That site gets too much of my money. I use it when the library doesn't have what I need.

AoG

By the way, this thread is the first I`d heard of any of the book being made into movies. Which ones were they? And are they available on DVD?

"I am the new Post Master!"
I am so sorry!"

ROFLMAO!!! :lfao:

Just you wait till you read that book.

Jeremy Irons as Lord Vetinari! The Golems! The Vampires! The Assassins guild! The Clacks Towers! I'm am seriously in freak out mode, how did this thing get past me?

Jeremy Irons as Lord Vetinari! The Golems! The Vampires! The Assassins guild! The Clacks Towers! I'm am seriously in freak out mode, how did this thing get past me?

to busy telling about the greatness that is Pratchett?

;)

In his latest 'I Will Wear Midnight' they have cheese rolling and yes we do that for real too lol!

Do you like Josh Kirby's artwork on cover of the books? I really like them, they make an atmosphere, compared to plain black ones that I have seen.

Can`t talk now gotta make my Christmas list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And even though I can`t see youtube at work, I think Jeremy Irons as Vetinari sounds like pretty decent casting.

I was wrong, it's not Irons, it's that other creepy English guy. The bad guy from Last Action Hero. But Irons would be THE perfect Vetinari.

Um... Jeremy Irons was Vetinari in Color of Magic.

Sorry... "The Patrician". I don't think they named him at that point.

Oh, and FWIW, I didnt like Dance as Vetinari in Going postal at first, but as I continued to watch, he did kind of grow on me.

LOL, Going Postal. 3 chapters in and I am laughing my head off.

LOL, yes, I love Moist v LipVick ;) The job interview is hilarious!

Adding Lord Vetinari to the list of lovables...:D

Let's see what turns up tomorrow in the library...

Did anybody else notice: Pratchett leaves his heroes rather nondescript?

I mean he does take great pains to describe what they think and feel, but unless it is very important (like with Carrot) they have really no physical atributes to them.

Back