Discussion of Training Partners Thread.

G

GouRonin

In addition to this maybe we can have a Dojo/school listing for people so that if they are travelling or looking for a school they can look up the listing, see what arts are taught etc.

Chris from CT

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
In addition to this maybe we can have a Dojo/school listing for people so that if they are travelling or looking for a school they can look up the listing, see what arts are taught etc.

That would be great! We had a thread here about "Martial Art Vacations" and I'm sure a few of the others that posted on it would appreciate it too.

Take care. :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The first two posts were moved here from the training partners thread.

-Arnisador
-MT Mod-

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm looking into setting up a searchable database for this as well as other things.. Right now, this is serving to 'test the interest' and also help folks out. So far, so good.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This also gives us an easy way to gauge how widespread MT is by seeing the locations of those participating in the training partner thread.

We've got posts from Canada and Denmark, and I bet we'll find members in almost all of the 50 U.S. States.

Coooooool. :D

Cthulhu

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Mountaineer Martial Arts
American Kenpo
Shepherdstown, WV
PM or E-mail me for phone number

You should probably post it in the training partners trhead itself--this one is ofr discussion of that thread and isn't sticky.

OP
G

girlychuks

I would LOVE to train with others, but ya know what? I have learned that there is a faction, albeit a small and strident one, of men that like to be hit by women. Simply being on a few martial arts discussion board has netted me a few odd invitations (some offering compensation!!) to simply kick ***....

Scares me off pretty well from just meeting up with anyone.

*sigh* Poor little beginner chick like me has to stick to the seminars.....

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The dojo/school listing would be great. I'm going to be spending next year (maybe longer) on the North American continent (probably Canada), and a list of recommended schools would really help in fiding a new place to train, especially if it also listed (with their prior permission, of course) MT members that train at said shool, so u could send a PM asking specifics about the school.

Count me a very definate vote for yes.:D

Baoquan

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please use this thread for the discussion of the Training Partners sticky thread.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its on the todo list. Programmer has been laging waaaaay behind...I'll probably do it myself if I cant find a good script since I cant get the 'expert' to move on the damn thing... grrrr.....

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

ya know the training partners thread has been pretty dead i would have thought with 1300 members it would be jumping but i guess not that many people want to meet up to train with others lol

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We will be converting it over to a searchable database shortly. The programs pretty much ready (writen by pesilat) I just haven't had the time to update things so its visible.

Latest Discussions