concealed carry wins again...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, stop me if you've heard this one...two guys walk into an internet cafe...No Really, two guys, or should I say two armed thugs, walked into an internet cafe to rob the place and were both shot by a man carrying a concealed pistol. After watching the video, I might have waited to see if all they were going to do was take money, but I wasn't there and it still worked out in the end. Good for him. If every robbery happened like this...there would be fewer robberies...

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/17/video-excellent-concealed-carrier-stops-an-armed-robbery/

“Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don’t anticipate filing any charges,” said Bill Gladson of the State Attorney’s Office for 5th Judicial Circuit.
Gladson said he has reviewed the security surveillance video from the cafe. While he still awaits final reports from the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, he said the shooting appeared justified.
Samuel Williams, 71, who fired the shots, has a concealed weapons permit, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Under Florida law, a person is allowed to use deadly force if he or she fears death or serious injury to themselves or others. …
…At least one of his 30 fellow patrons at the cafe wants to thank him.
“I think he is wonderful. If he wouldn’t have been there, there could have been some innocent people shot,” said Mary Beach

The best part...the guy is 71 years old and he took care of two younger, violent thugs. I would like to see the same scenario, but the 71 year old unarmed and trying to deal with the two armed thugs with any form of empty hand art. The outcome would have been dead 71 year old and possibly other dead victims...

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would never "wait" to see what the bad guys does. That just gives them an opportunity to do something worse. The robbery already has firearms involved. Hesitation kills.

The only issues I have are 1) the the guy could have had better center body mass grouping at that range and 2) he continued to fire after they had left the building.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...you may be right, you may be wrong. I still agree with the guy shooting those two and I don't plan on shedding a tear if he followed them and ended up killing them. You do have to be concerned with missing the thugs and hitting innocent people, but he was probably pumping adrenaline at the time and reacted the best he could. Good for him, perhaps they won't rob another occupied store...

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to see the same scenario, but the 71 year old unarmed and trying to deal with the two armed thugs with any form of empty hand art. The outcome would have been dead 71 year old and possibly other dead victims...

I know of one septuagenarian who I believe could have subdued those two empty handed :)

Bong Yul Shin, judo (and TKD & HKD) grandmaster.

At 45 with 20 years of martial arts training I wouldn't want to engage Shin in unarmed combat or even with me armed in too close of quarters.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
win.

but we would rather BAN firearms than allow them.

cause criminals obey laws.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is what is meant by the sayint, "God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal." 5 jewelry store robbers, two armed with pistols are literally chased out of the store, doing an impression of the 5 stooges at the exit door, to escape a female senior citizen with a pistol...the video is sort of funny...at the same time being real...

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/08/armed-self-defense-in-california.php

Latest Discussions