Charity challenge

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi all I have just completed a charity challenge for save the children. The challenge involved me striking 5000 times with my Bokken whilst fasting.

Please enjoy the video.

Don't want to pick but your not actualy striking anything, your just waving a stick about,

OP
Y

Yusuf Uddin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don't want to pick but your not actualy striking anything, your just waving a stick about,

Hi apologies for replying again as I was just going to ignore your comment. However i thought a better response from me was required. I thought your comment was pretty tastless and diverted attention from the hard work my community and I had done to raise £420 for save the children.
I haven't really posted in this forum as much as you have so perhaps this maybe the kind of comments and perhaps banter that occurs. If so I apologise if I have taken umbrage to quickly.
Best wishes
Yusuf

Last edited:

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi all I have just completed a charity challenge for save the children. The challenge involved me striking 5000 times with my Bokken whilst fasting.

Please enjoy the video.

The first aikiken suburi??? well done in money raised

you should for your next fundraiser do 1 and 2

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score

Lol it was I think the first aiki-ken suburi so it solo ...there are 7 of them and 5 Kumitachi ...which are not solo

it does take a fair bit to do that many cuts in a go

OP
Y

Yusuf Uddin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What style of Aikido do you teach?
I'm trained in traditional Aikikai. However I also teach self defence from Geoff Thompson's real combat system, and I incorporate judo and boxing into my classes with Aikido. Also Once a month I teach weapons Jo and Bokken and also tai chi on request. My classes are free for my local community as they give me use of the hall and provide all the insurance etc so just teach and I love it.

OP
Y

Yusuf Uddin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hombu Akikai? or Iwamma ? (ok showing my age a bit )

Aikikai Aikido my teachers teacher is called Asoh Kinjo Sensei who studied with O sensei,

iwama weapons in particular 13 Jo kata, 20 Jo Suburi, 7 Bokken Suburi and 5 kumitach.

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Aikikai Aikido my teachers teacher is called Asoh Kinjo Sensei who studied with O sensei,

iwama weapons in particular 13 Jo kata, 20 Jo Suburi, 7 Bokken Suburi and 5 kumitach.

I never had the honour was he uchi deshi to O sensei ?

yes Iwama was the ken and the jo lol

OP
Y

Yusuf Uddin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
He wasn't uchi deshi however Asoh kinjo sensei started Aikido later in life and O Sensei was very kind to him and had a close relationship with him. I remember my teacher telling me In 1964 at the Tokyo Olympics, O Sensei gave an Aikido demonstration and Asoh Kinjo Sensei did the oral English translation for this event.
Asoh Kinjo Sensei taught Aikido at Minato-ku Aikikai alongside Yamaguchi sensei and a few other sensei.

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
He wasn't uchi deshi however Asoh kinjo sensei started Aikido later in life and O Sensei was very kind to him and had a close relationship with him. I remember my teacher telling me In 1964 at the Tokyo Olympics, O Sensei gave an Aikido demonstration and Asoh Kinjo Sensei did the oral English translation for this event.
Asoh Kinjo Sensei taught Aikido at Minato-ku Aikikai alongside Yamaguchi sensei and a few other sensei.

Now Yamaguchi was a great Sensei

OP
Y

Yusuf Uddin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
He's a great sensei. I took ukemi for sensei tissier his student when he came to the UK.

Latest Discussions