Charity challenge

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi apologies for replying again as I was just going to ignore your comment. However i thought a better response from me was required. I thought your comment was pretty tastless and diverted attention from the hard work my community and I had done to raise £420 for save the children.
I haven't really posted in this forum as much as you have so perhaps this maybe the kind of comments and perhaps banter that occurs. If so I apologise if I have taken umbrage to quickly.
Best wishes
Yusuf
Don't get too stressed over it. Sometimes people use only one definition not knowing there are other definitions, sometimes they don't care.
Per Webster's Dictionary:
Strike - to aim and deliver a stroke or thrust (as with the hand, a weapon, or a tool) usually ending with a blow.
So you did deliver strokes (strikes)

Good job.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi apologies for replying again as I was just going to ignore your comment. However i thought a better response from me was required. I thought your comment was pretty tastless and diverted attention from the hard work my community and I had done to raise £420 for save the children.
I haven't really posted in this forum as much as you have so perhaps this maybe the kind of comments and perhaps banter that occurs. If so I apologise if I have taken umbrage to quickly.
Best wishes
Yusuf
Just ignore him. He likes to start arguments a lot

OP
Y

Yusuf Uddin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don't get too stressed over it. Sometimes people use only one definition not knowing there are other definitions, sometimes they don't care.
Per Webster's Dictionary:
Strike - to aim and deliver a stroke or thrust (as with the hand, a weapon, or a tool) usually ending with a blow.
So you did deliver strokes (strikes)

Good job.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great post and appreciate the feedback. The challenge was hard and painful HaHa.
Altogether it took me 5 hours 17 mins but what was most hard about it was that I did it whilst I was fasting in Ramadan. So was very tough and I'm still feeling it today.

Wow, I hope you were able to break your fast soon afterwards! Our Muslim students hardly even come to class during Ramadan because they're so tired at the end of the day (especially since, I think, Ramadan's been in the summer ever since we opened the school). I can't imagine training for 5 hours and not able to eat or drink anything.

OP
Y

Yusuf Uddin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, I hope you were able to break your fast soon afterwards! Our Muslim students hardly even come to class during Ramadan because they're so tired at the end of the day (especially since, I think, Ramadan's been in the summer ever since we opened the school). I can't imagine training for 5 hours and not able to eat or drink anything.

It was tough and a very long day but it was worth it.

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yusuf ...you did a good thing in your raising money for a good charity and how you are giving your time to put back into your community ...It shows that you have a good heart and wish to try and help others maybe not as fortunate as yourself.

If I was near your dojo I would on what I have seen and your attitude offer to come along and help out I do not hold a particularly high rank as I told you but I'd offer my help for any worthwhile cause

Keep going and keep doing your suburi challenges ...(ps get one of the old suburi bokken as that will really build you up for the next challenge)

OP
Y

Yusuf Uddin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yusuf ...you did a good thing in your raising money for a good charity and how you are giving your time to put back into your community ...It shows that you have a good heart and wish to try and help others maybe not as fortunate as yourself.

If I was near your dojo I would on what I have seen and your attitude offer to come along and help out I do not hold a particularly high rank as I told you but I'd offer my help for any worthwhile cause

Keep going and keep doing your suburi challenges ...(ps get one of the old suburi bokken as that will really build you up for the next challenge)

Thank you my friend I really appreciate your kind words.

Latest Discussions