Bruce Lee Fun Facts

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it very much.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
These quotes are interesting...

Herb Jackson - "The biggest problem in designing equipment for Bruce was that he'd go through it so damn fast. I had to reinforce his wooden dummy with automobile parts so he could train on it without breaking it. I had started to build him a mobile dummy that could actually attack and retreat to better simulate "Live" combat, sadly Bruce died before the machine was built. It would have been strung up by big high-tension cables that I was going to connect between two posts, one on either side of his backyard. The reason for the machine was simply because no one could stand up to his full force punches and kicks, Bruce's strength and skill had evolved to point where he had to fight machines. Bruce was very interested in strength training, you could say that he was obsessed with it".
When the terminators come, we will wish he was around. (j/k) But interestingly enough since he was designing body building machines and that live combat machine sounds very innovative today. With the advancement of robotics one can imagine a mobile moving "wooden dummy" or even a Bob that has random patterns built into it. That would be a neat MA training device indeed.

Chuck Norris - "Lee, pound for pound, might well have been one of the strongest men in the world, and certainly one of the quickest".
He must've said that quote before he had his beard. :lol:

Some of the facts I wonder about however...
Bruce could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks. It's hard enough to try and catch a fly.

Bruce once caved in a protective headgear made from heavy steel rods, rods that had previously withstood several blows from a sledgehammer. Gotta wonder about that one too.

Still very interesting indeed. Great find and thanks for sharing. :asian:

Msby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
simply reading all these pumped me up enough to make me go outside and water the whole yard using two 5 gallon buckets :uhyeah:

little doubtful about the rice one though

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
simply reading all these pumped me up enough to make me go outside and water the whole yard using two 5 gallon buckets :uhyeah:

little doubtful about the rice one though
WHAT!!! I thought catching rice with chop sticks was general martial arts prerequisite. I wasted my time learning this skill?!

Latest Discussions