Blind Date = 60 Years of Love

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Saw this article and just HAD to put it here... everybody say AWWWW! This is love... the real thing folks.

A Blind Date That Turned Into 60 Years

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95559123
Morning Edition, October 10, 2008 · They've been together for over a half-century — but Ben and Bernice Finn met on a blind date. It was eight months after the end of World War II, and Ben had recently returned home to Brooklyn, N.Y., after serving in the Army.
"My two best friends were Hank and Eddie," Ben said. And unlike Ben, they both had girlfriends. So, the two asked Ben if he'd like to go out with them — and a blind date.
finn_540.jpg

Ben and Bernice Finn at StoryCorps in New York City. When they met, Bernice was a bookkeeper and Ben had been back from World War II for eight months. StoryCorps.
Some of the best lines in the interview...

"I was very nervous," Ben said. "She was so pretty."
"I remember that day very well," Bernice said. "And no, you weren't pretty."
But when the couples all went out that night, there was a chill in the air.
"And I took your arm," Bernice said.
"I was thrilled by that," Ben said.
"And the reason I took your arm is, you seemed nervous. And I wanted to make you more comfortable."
and this is definitely :lfao:
The group went to a coffee shop, where they all started ordering hamburgers and drinks — everyone, that is, except for Ben. He didn't order anything.
"And I say to myself, 'Oh my God, I bet he doesn't have any money,' " Bernice remembered.
"And there I am, starving," she said. "And I ordered black coffee. Because I was afraid my date didn't have any money. So, you owe me a hamburger," she told Ben.
"I have no memory of that," Ben said. "Maybe it was I didn't have any money. Maybe I was just cheap. I don't know."
"Okay," Bernice said. "I'll buy that second explanation."
Their 60th wedding anniversary will be this Christmas, Dec. 25.
Hope to find something like that someday myself. :uhyeah:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have not reached that many years but I saw my wife in a store I was visiting one day took her on a date four days later( yea right we wnet to visit her grandmother and played cards all night). saw her twice more in 8 months ( i was in the military). Married her the 4th time I saw her and we have been married over 40 years

Latest Discussions